• Page 1 of 1
Forums » Applications » Join the Team! » [Accepted]Auld
[Accepted]Auld
AuldDate: Saturday, 2014-02-15, 16:24 | Message # 1
Group: Registered
Awards: 0
  • About you:
    • ingame nickname: Auld
    • xfire username: i do not have Xfire but it will be set up and used as Auld
    • date of birth: 26/08/1995 (DD/MM/YYYY)
    • location and timezone (UTC): UTC/GMT: +0.00
    • times available for playing (UTC): dependent on work and education, most likely 6-10 each night UTC Standard

• Your experience:
    • realistic, tactical, team-based games you played: Arma2, Arma2 OA, insurgency, Counter stike: global offence (team play) League of legends (team play)
    • rough time you have played the games: arma2: 100-200 Hrs, Arma2 OA: 70-100 Hrs, Counter stike: 153Hrs, League of legends 30 Hrs
    • former gaming clans/teams, 10/21st

• Your relation to our team:
    • how you found out about us: Tim
    • how much do you know about our tactics: not much, but i am excited to learn
    • members you have played with: none although i have meet Boone

• Your motivation:
    • why do you want to join our ranks?: Community mostly, but even more working tactilely, i enjoy working as a team to achieve an objective and i love building relations through hard work and dedication
    • what are your expectations? Team Play, Tactical to the point that i can feel my blood rushing, to the point that i can relate to it realistic.
    • why should we accept you? i believe you should accept me because i am easy to get along with however i am not going to over sell myself, i do get egotistical with my tactical knowledge and try to interfere, this i will enjoy as it will take self discipline to lock that side of me out, i believe i have a very strategic mind set and i am good at following orders.

• Your training:
    • game you want to complete your basic trainings and try out in: arma2 and OA
    • desired personal instructor: none as long as you know that he knows his knowledge i have no need to question it.

• Comments:
    • anything else you want to tell us: yes i would like to refer to your members guideline and tell you a little about myself.
    • sufficient English skills (including listening, speaking, reading and writing)
      a friendly and mature attitude, i refer to this point as i am dyslexic, it can be hard for me to make quick mathematical decisions, not often but sometimes and my spelling and grammar is not very good.
    • a bit about me, at the age of 16 i joined the 7th Rifles, Territorial army, reserves (part time) whilst in school, i served for 2 years and prior to me leaving i revived marksman training in Germany, it takes a years training before any soldier can go abroad, i passed as 1st class shot, i was offered to spend 3 years training as a sniper, the one requirement was that i would have to move and become full time, i turned down the offer because of personal circumstances at the time, i then left 2 months later to follow my dreams in working with computers, i am now at uni studying Networking, i am also part of the OTC (officers training core). it is something the uni offers and we get trained by regulars, at the end of our degree we have the option to go down to Sandhurst. that's all from me

• -Auld

Message edited by Raptor - Saturday, 2014-02-22, 17:46
  •  
    BoooneDate: Saturday, 2014-02-15, 16:46 | Message # 2
    Group: Lieutenant
    Hey there.

Nice to see your application here. We will discuss it in our next team council, which is probably next weekend. But since you have not really played with us so far, I recommend you to stick around on Teamspeak so we can contact you if we are playing - then we can see if you fit us and if we fit you.

A good chance would be today evening. If you have time, check the event topic, install the necessary mods and make sure everything works in the tech-check. You have server access now as well, I will send you the password in a PM.

Regards,
    Commanding Lt. Booone

LuisDate: Saturday, 2014-02-15, 22:29 | Message # 3
    Group: NCO
    An application, how fancy =P

Good luck mate wink

RaptorDate: Sunday, 2014-02-16, 04:14 | Message # 4
    Group: Commander
    Hey Auld,

as Booone already said we will probably decide about your application during the next team council which will be next weekend. Kinda long time, but that gives you the opportunity to play with us some more and leave a good impression wink

Quote Auld ()
    xfire username: i do not have Xfire but it will be set up and used as Auld

Please do so asap and then let us know. An xfire account is a mandatory requirement for members, and a good way to stay in contact with the team.

Quote Auld ()
    location and timezone (UTC): UTC/GMT: +0.00

You forgot to mention your location. It's Scotland, isn't it?

I think you would be the first one in our team who received some real military training. Nevertheless like Tim you need to go through our basic training to ensure that you are familiar with our current procedures. We will try to adjust the training to your skills so that we don't repeat too much and bore you to death.
    After you finished your training phase, you are welcome to help us improving and extending our tactics and organize trainings (if you want to).

PS
    Quote Auld ()
    members you have played with: none although i have meet Boone

Think you forgot Tim here, don't you? biggrin

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
    Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Sunday, 2014-02-16, 04:39

TimDate: Sunday, 2014-02-16, 12:39 | Message # 5
    Group: NCO
    Nice to see your application Auld, looking forward to doing some rounds with your again.

AuldDate: Sunday, 2014-02-16, 13:35 | Message # 6
    Group: Registered
    hi raptor i would, you rather teach me as though i had no experience, we always have a saying in the Army, you can never know it all! all we do is re-train and re-train smile

Added (16/02/14, 13:35)
    ---------------------------------------------
    auld01 is my xfire username

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2014-02-22, 17:47 | Message # 7
    Group: Commander
    Congratulations mate, you got accepted as Recruit.

From now on you are an AST member, which means you have to follow our member rules. You’ll get further hints via PM.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
    Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Saturday, 2014-02-22, 17:51

Forums » Applications » Join the Team! » [Accepted]Auld
    • Page 1 of 1
    Search:

Communications