22:37 UTC+0, 2024-04-18
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Debate - External Luis Tactics
Debate - External Luis Tactics
JackDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-28, 10:16 | Message # 1
Group: Registered
Awards: 0
Nice One
Attachments: Swat_4_Tactical.pdf (319.5 Kb)

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-28, 10:49 | Message # 2
Group: Commander
Syr Jack, but this is crap. Never seen so many typos in such a short text. It contains almost no explanation of tactics, but therefore some errors...
E.g. the "Double Door Scan" (see tactic lesson 2 http://ast.ucoz.org/forum/21-162-1 )

Also your taser is for sure not your second best friend, and the opti isn't the 4th. One may discuss this, but I see my primary as my best friend, teammates as second and cover/concealment as third wink

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

ReibenDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-28, 12:00 | Message # 3
That's right, you use in priority your primary gun (or 2nd gun if it's a lethal one) and if you fail to hit your target, you hope your coverman (2nd best friend :D) or the rest of the team, will take out the suspect in the next second. Like in real life it's all about teamwork and trust.

But no way the tazer is your best friend, when its say like this i imagine the guy do his mission with just the tazer in hand. i wondering how he can hit a suspect which is more than 3 meters away smile

Nimquam Retro

SAS_RandomDate: Wednesday, 2012-03-28, 12:38 | Message # 4
Your primary is called a primary for a reason wink You only switch to other means when it is relatively safe to do so without compromising yourself, your team, a civilian, or the mission objectives.

Nice cover art though. I like that picture. I think that's the best part of the entire manual.

One other thing I liked was that it was short. If it was a long document full of mostly incorrect information, it would do more harm than good through its distribution.

I'm sure the grenades aren't triggered by contact with the floor. How could they tell the difference between a door and a floor? Very smart nade tongue

Moves are not fluent. They are fluid. Fluency is what you are apparently working on as it relates to English.

Double door scan done that way is pointless. If you want to put two guns through a door or down a corridor, set up one person on each side of the opening. If that's not possible, use a tac aid and hit the corner hard.

The C2 explosion doesn't always cover you, especially if the tango is close to the door on the hinge side. He just kills you through the explosion. Always stay away from the opening, even when using C2.

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
22nd SAS Elite Virtual Regiment
www.sasclan.org

Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Debate - External Luis Tactics
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications