12:38 UTC+0, 2024-04-19
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Content - Some SOG Tactics
Content - Some SOG Tactics
TheIceManDate: Tuesday, 2012-04-03, 22:35 | Message # 1
Group: NCO
Awards: 1
Real Swat Tactic`s
Well I was searching on the web for some information about the real swat. I`ts pretty much confidental, but some rules and tips were founded.

==The Main Rules==
If there is a hostage situation swat is always allowed to shoot the suspect;

If the suspect has a gun and he is a terrorist (not like for example in the Vistory Imports Auto Center; there are only car hi-jackers)swat is also allowed to shoot the ie. religious fanatics without saying "Police get down";

Remember that the main reason for entering a building are the hostages. Swat does not enter the building just for fun. Its all about rescuing the civillians. Most swat officers think their live is more important. If a civillian gets killed, yes the mission is failed but thw officer can go and save more civillians.

==Tips==
Crouching is ONLY used if you`re ammo is low or if something is wrong with the gun. Thats a symbol to cover this person. Of everything is fine you shouldnt do that. Some people might say that crouching gives a better fire line to the one`s behind you. (to know why scorll down to *)Crouching makes you also a bigger target to shoot your body is compressed in a small place but its the same. Walking is better. Even if you don`t belive me, try to answer this question: "Why do normal, real swat officers walk not crouch" and the questions answer isn`t :"Because they are used to that"

Through each door goes mostly 2 or 3 people. The rest goes through another doors. There is no need to put the all swat team in one door cause then they are a bigger target to shoot at.

Swat ALWAYS enters a room through all possible ways. All doors I mean. There is no wedges. (They are often used to disable a door outside the building; ie. fairax has 2 ways of entry, normally 1 should be wedged.)
This is usefull because the suspects normally are disorientated and they don`t know whats going on and they can`t chose wich target to shot.

Swat entry is mostly a dynamic action. The police don`t go CROUCHING slowly. They kind of "rush" but thats a tactic rush.

*If swat is just about to enter a room they dont to straight ahead. They always go left & right to make a bigger fire range for their fellows (2 or 3 per each door.)

This is really important. Some times, even 50% it is not possible to enter the room using all the door. In these situations swat never stands in front of a door. Always goes into a good place and covers it.

==Guns==
The best gun would be MP5. It`s range is about 30- 35 meters. But 9mm is pretty much the same. Its mainly used in a 2-shot mode. This gun is also preffered because of the aim. After double shoot the aiming tool stands still. There is no energy that should move the aiming tool. In SWAT 4 the burst has 3 bullets. That`s not good cause the 3rd bullet doesnt hit the target. Though it might hurt a civillian.

The guys who go as the last have something for a longer range. Like M4 or GB36s. Its a nice gun but it doesnt work good for the short range distance.

Hmm... That would be all for now. I will add some tatcics later on.

I hope this tips will give you a better idea of the game. Try to imagine you are a guy with a family waiting at home. Better see them one more time. Try to avoid ramboing if possible. I don`t mean the SOG members cause mostly that are pro players.

I also hope that this will help you. Even a little bit would be a succes for me.
If you can add some facts or ideas go ahead.

http://www.sog-team.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27571

NEEDED TO BE REGISTERED TO SEE THIS THREAD PLUS REPLIES

No Retreat No Surrender

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-04-04, 09:37 | Message # 2
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Quote (TheIceMan)
he is a terrorist

I'm not sure about the RoE real swat teams use. Anyway I hate the word "terrorist". Do me the favor and don't use it in this forum or any tactical discussion, I'll explain that later in another thread.

Quote (TheIceMan)
Crouching is ONLY used if you`re ammo is low or if something is wrong with the gun.

That's true, but not applicable to swat4 or RvS.
In real swat teams the first man usually move in a ducked position (concerning the back, not the knees). The second man is straight behind him and cover aboves the shoulder.
In game we don't have this ducked position. Futhermore is difficult to control the exact position of the gun muzzel. The in-game option that comes closest to real swat movement is a pointman moving crouched.

Quote (TheIceMan)
Through each door goes mostly 2 or 3 people

That's what we do in most cases (sometimes a 4-man-entry).

Quote (TheIceMan)
Swat ALWAYS enters a room through all possible ways.

If they have a floorplan....

Quote (TheIceMan)
They kind of "rush" but thats a tactic rush.

That's what we try to do when no newcomers are present. But in real scenarios the officer-suspect ration favors mostly the officer, whereas in game we are mostly outnumbered.

Quote (TheIceMan)
After double shoot the aiming tool stands still. There is no energy that should move the aiming tool. In SWAT 4 the burst has 3 bullets. That`s not good cause the 3rd bullet doesnt hit the target.

I didn't get this statements. The first 2 bullets produce no recoil at all ("aiming tool stands still"), but the third bullet misses the target? Actually I think that there is no really huge difference between 2 and 3 shoot-burst. (The MP5 3 shoot-burst in RvS is also pretty accurate.)

Quote (TheIceMan)
Like M4 or GB36s. Its a nice gun but it doesnt work good for the short range distance.

Sounds a bit strange. An AR is a huge and "heavy" weapon and therefore kinda unhandy if you enter a room, especially in dynamic (takes long to recover the aim). But the weapons can ofc be used against targets in short range.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

SAS_RandomDate: Wednesday, 2012-04-04, 13:17 | Message # 3
Group: Registered
Lots of stuff that is consistent with what I've found.

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
22nd SAS Elite Virtual Regiment
www.sasclan.org

ShadowManuDate: Wednesday, 2012-04-04, 16:07 | Message # 4
Group: NCO
SWAT 4 limitations... Aren't they?

Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Content - Some SOG Tactics
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications