01:04 UTC+0, 2024-03-29
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [Arma2] ACE and ACRE Introduction (canceled)
[Arma2] ACE and ACRE Introduction
RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-10-19, 09:42 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Topic:
ACE and ACRE Introduction for newcomers

Date and Time:
Friday 25.10. 17:00 UTC

Classification:
public, everyone is welcome

Organizer:
Raptor

Requirements to join:
- Arma2: CO, preferably with ACE and ACRE already installed (see this thread for help)
- TS3 + working mic
- be familiar with the basics of vanilla Arma2 (at least finish the basic tutorials and set up your controls)

Server:
AST|Tactical Server

Content:
You already heard of the famous mods ACE and ACRE for Arma2 but never got into them? Or you tried but encountered some technical difficulties? Then this is the right event for you wink

Phase 1: Technical Support, approximately 1 hour
First we will try to fix all technical issues. In particular ACRE can cause some weird trouble and is impossible to test alone. I already have some experience and I’ll assist everyone getting his/her stuff to work properly (but pls don’t expect miracles from me).
Note: during this phase we won’t play, but just test technical stuff. So if (and only if) all your stuff is running 100% fine, then you can skip this and join later for phase 2. After one hour we will abort the technical support, which means every problem which is not solved by then won’t be solved this evening.

Phase 2: ACE and ACRE Introduction, approximately 1 hour
I’ll explain and demonstrate the basic infantry features of ACRE and ACE, and of course let you practice a little bit. Note that the mods offer too much to show everything in detail. If you are familiar with both mods already (and got no technical trouble) you might skip this phase and join only phase 3.
The following video tutorials by SwissMaverick offer both a good introduction in basic stuff and more detailed explanations: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCBC2EF50EABF9CE1 (note though that some details are outdated due to new ACE updates)

Phase 3: Test Playing
After you got the ropes we will move out and try to accomplish some small missions so you see how the features actually work and feel in combat.

General Notes:
Join in Progress will be possible all the time, but you might miss some explanations or have to wait 15 minutes before we return to the FOB and pick you up.
If anyone wants to help me organizing this, giving tech support or explain 1-2 features, feel free to contact me. (google drive doc for members)
Don’t be afraid if you are not familiar with the mods or our Arma2 tactics. This event is meant for newcomers, so we will take things slowly and patiently.

Sign up is not necessary but appreciated (slots are limited). Please attach the following informations when you sign up:
Do you have ACE and ACRE already installed?
Do you have any technical issues? If yes, please explain the problem(s) shortly.
How much experience do you have in Arma2?
How much experience do you have with ACE and ACRE?

Participants:
#1 Raptor

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Friday, 2013-10-25, 11:30

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2013-10-23, 08:41 | Message # 2
*bump*
No one interested?

ShadowManuDate: Wednesday, 2013-10-23, 15:41 | Message # 3
Group: NCO
I am interested... just that... well.. you know my situation xD The computer gets on saturday but the arma will never come xD

LuisDate: Wednesday, 2013-10-23, 18:23 | Message # 4
Steam is usually a good option... use ur bank account...

ShadowManuDate: Wednesday, 2013-10-23, 18:32 | Message # 5
our country have limitations with dollars.... pretty annoying and very restricted btw

LuisDate: Thursday, 2013-10-24, 07:01 | Message # 6
Thats the point you pay with ur currency on steam

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2013-10-24, 07:54 | Message # 7
Off-Topic ends here.

RaptorDate: Friday, 2013-10-25, 11:29 | Message # 8
Well, since no one has time or interest for this, the event is canceled. Anyway feel free to contact me if you want technical support or help with ACE/ACRE.

LuisDate: Friday, 2013-10-25, 13:48 | Message # 9
Well Raptor, i would have applied if you know... Had a propper pc... Im planning on getting back armaing in 2 months if everything goes right.

Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [Arma2] ACE and ACRE Introduction (canceled)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications