09:12 UTC+0, 2024-04-18
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Virtual Battlespace 2
Virtual Battlespace 2
RaptorDate: Monday, 2013-07-29, 22:01 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
VBS2 is a military first person shooter. It's similar to Arma2, developed by BI as well. But it's meant for real military training. Hence it's more realistic than vanilla Arma.
Bad news: the full version costs as much as a new PC (or two).
Good news: there is a free Lite Version.

I'm not quite sure about details or features, but we might give it a try at the weekend. Anyone in?

PS. Thx to Maven for the hint.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

BoooneDate: Monday, 2013-07-29, 23:26 | Message # 2
Group: Lieutenant
I've heard of it, and it, afaik, actually uses the same engine as ArmA 2. I never heard of this free lite version though, any information on how this differs from the full version and what exactly is different (and where is this actually from? is there something else than a direct download link?)

But anyways, I would be up to test this, but I'd like to know a bit more about this version beforehand.

RaptorDate: Monday, 2013-07-29, 23:30 | Message # 3
Group: Commander
Quote (Maven in the SAS forum)

[...]
So what is it? It's an ArmA 1 based free download sim game that packs some of the VBS features which make it way more realistic than ArmA 2 or 3. Sadly though the lite versions are limited to UK vs Taliban only, 2 terrains, no server browser, 2 islands and multiplayer is over direct IP (best secure option as well) for up to 8 players maximum. The good news is it runs better than A2, is more realistic, more stable and has broader equipment and vehicles for a single faction bundled in the game. It also has unique features not present in any ArmA game.
[...]
Lots of mirrors can be found here - http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=9555
[...]

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Virtual Battlespace 2
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications