09:57 UTC+0, 2024-03-29
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » America's Army: Proving Grounds (beta)
America's Army: Proving Grounds (beta)
BoooneDate: Friday, 2013-08-30, 10:07 | Message # 1
Group: Lieutenant
Awards: 0
The US Army is releasing a new America's Army game, Proving Grounds. The game currently is in beta, and is going to be (and is currently) free. It's currently versus mode only and it sports two scales of matches, 6vs6 and 12vs12, with common game-modes like capture-the-flag and bomb-defusal.

Currently only the M249 SAW, the M4 and a version of the M14 (with iron sights, an ACOG scope or a "red-dot" sight) are available in the game, but the game is, as far as I've experience still quite a bit of fun. While this is none like ArmA or SWAT since it simply is online free-to-play versus multiplayer, there definetly is room for tactical gameplay, if we gather a few of our players to play it. Suppresive fire does apparently work, but I've personally not been under it yet in my first few rounds. There are a few grenades at your disposal as well (smoke, frag, flash).

As I said the game is still in beta and it's currently available on Steam for free download. It's just 3 GB in size, and I would say at least worth a shot.

Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/203290/?snr=1_7_15__13

RaptorDate: Friday, 2013-08-30, 10:16 | Message # 2
Group: Commander
I'll have a look. The last part AA3 is quite a nice game, I'm just not really into PvP and respawn stuff.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2013-10-24, 15:53 | Message # 3
Group: Commander
Just played the tutorial:
- only one tutorial in CoD style with blicking arrows and floating text, and not much opportunities to do something wrong. no comparison to the cool and hard military drills of AA3
- no medic system, just a simple "press E" to revive and "press l" to bandage yourself, no sign of body armor
- you can equip and throw a grenade in no time
- ammo counter at the HUD
- no leaning
-> feels more like CoD to me. Adding that fact that it's focused on PvP, I'll probably never play it again.

PS: looks like another nice series of tactical shooters goes downhill towards the mainsteam...a moment of silence pls

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » America's Army: Proving Grounds (beta)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications