07:55 UTC+0, 2024-04-25
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Logistics » Technical Support » Still Crashing
Still Crashing
DrPhilDate: Thursday, 2012-07-12, 17:26 | Message # 1
Group: Registered
Awards: 0
I wonder if any of you gentlepeople can help me out? I am still having this crashing issue and I have no idea how to fix it now. It happens to me EVERY time I play ANY online game. In SWAT, after a few minutes, Everybody starts running endlessly and I have to control alt delete. In company of heroes, my entire screen freezes up and I have to hold the power button. It could be a device issue, connection issues, graphics issue. Anyone have any ideas?

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2012-07-12, 17:42 | Message # 2
Group: Commander
Does it only happen during online gaming? That would indicate kinda connection problem. Broken cable, messed up router or a provider issue.
Does mumble/TS3 crash too?

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

DrPhilDate: Sunday, 2012-07-15, 11:04 | Message # 3
Well it only happens when I play online (any game). When I do swat, everybody starts running into the wall and in COH my screen freezes up and I have to reboot the computer. I don't know if it is a connection issue because I have had the techs come out and check it out and they even replaced my modem. It is also not a heat issue. So I'm a little lost on what to do. I might need to find a professional lol

LuisDate: Sunday, 2012-07-15, 11:55 | Message # 4
Group: NCO
Firewall problem maybe ? U know I couldent connect to DC Universe but I installed AVG anti-virus and the game started working. The bottom line is try some crazy things like diferent anti-virus, new firewalls, etc... Eventualy the problem will be solved xD

RaptorDate: Sunday, 2012-07-15, 11:57 | Message # 5
Group: Commander
Quote (DrPhil)
When I do swat, everybody starts running into the wall

Does mumble crash at the same time?

If the games run properly in singler player, it's pretty obvious that the problem is related to the internet connection.
Hardware failure could include LAN-card, cabel between PC and modem/router, modem/router, cable between modem/router and wall, or as already said a provider issue (cable behind the wall wink ).
It could also be a software issue, maybe the operating system or a firewall. Did you installed new software lately (before the problem appeared)? Could also be some virus, worm, trojan, rootkit, malware shit. Or a new driver with messes things up.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

ShadowManuDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 03:06 | Message # 6
Group: NCO
Yeah, I think pretty much as Raptor... Either driver, ethernet card or virus.

DrPhilDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 02:55 | Message # 7
I think I might have figured it out... Well see. I finally played a game without a crash lol. So if I can play a few more without trouble then it might be solved! Well see...

Forums » Logistics » Technical Support » Still Crashing
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications