4.I prefer Mumble, but TS3 is ok also[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.Mumble rules[ 1 ][10.00%]
6.I don't care and I have no clue why I voted here at all[ 1 ][10.00%]
Poll has expired - Thursday, 2013-02-28, 06:12
Answers total: 10
RaptorDate: Thursday, 2013-02-14, 06:12 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Feel free to add arguments like negative/positive aspects of both tools.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LuisDate: Thursday, 2013-02-14, 07:31 | Message # 2
Group: NCO
Well, TS3 seems like a better option because besides that there is no lag, players have more chance to join us on TS3 instead of mumble...

HunterCZDate: Thursday, 2013-02-14, 08:14 | Message # 3
Group: Registered
On Mumble I had been experiencing difficulties with even hearing some people smoothly (e.g. ShadowManu, GexLee, etc.). I don't have those difficulties on TS3. 

TS3 is more popular and more "familiar" to other players. They rather join TS3 than Mumble (they usually never heard of it and they rather leave the server than download it).

BoooneDate: Thursday, 2013-02-14, 10:04 | Message # 4
Group: Lieutenant
As I and others already said earlier:
• This will make us available to a larger base of players, as most have TS3 and/or know it already
• TS3 is a lot more comfortable on the client's side, even if TS3 is not known, must stuff is very easy to find/see on TS3, whereas in Mumble some stuff you may need is a bit hidden
• TS3 just looks nicer and the quality seems to be a bit cleaner, makes it more comofortable to play and nicer looks appeal more to players downloading it first
• While the setup may be unnecessary complicated, to an extent, pretty much everything can be controlled on TS3, but it takes time
• (Personal experience): The voice activation on TS3 works a lot better than on Mumble

Now to Mumble:
• Very lightweight
• Easy (easier) to set-up serverside

In my opinion, the arguments for TS3 outweigh those for Mumble, at least those that I found. I am fine with both, but I prefer TS3 personally and I am certain it will be better for AST, should we use that.

RaptorDate: Friday, 2013-02-22, 08:18 | Message # 5
*bump*
We might take a decision this weekend, so if anyone still wants to vote than do it before Sunday evening smile

Actually we get some more players with TS3, but the quality of the players is worse. Mumble was kinda nice noob- and rambo-barrier.

JackDate: Friday, 2013-02-22, 08:29 | Message # 6
Group: Registered
Mumble !!!!!

Because Sometimes when i join TS3 Error occurs saying that *Two IP addresses are Detected Cant coneect* I dont know why :/

Message edited by Dexter - Friday, 2013-02-22, 08:31

RaptorDate: Sunday, 2013-02-24, 19:33 | Message # 7
We have decided that we'll keep on using TS3 in the future. There are simply too many players out there who refuse to use an alternative program (which is sad is my eyes...).
The Mumble server will stay offline, only acting as backup solution if necessary.

Forums » Logistics » Tweaks, Mods and Tools » Mumble vs TS3
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications