06:40 UTC+0, 2024-04-16
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Discussions » Casual Discussions » Need Advise (Gaming Carrer)
Need Advise
JackDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-26, 13:49 | Message # 1
Group: Registered
Awards: 0
So hello guys , Since i got Busted from my current course I need a new course to start a new career , So i thought of Game Designer and Game Developer , So Any one have any idea how the future is gone be with these courses? I mean How does that work? If you have any idea Please reply. Thanks in advanced....

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 2013-02-26, 14:21 | Message # 2
Group: Commander
You should ask someone who already started or even finished such a course wink

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

ShadowManuDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-27, 01:05 | Message # 3
Group: NCO
Don't you Raptor? I mean, don't you study something like Computing Sciences? Well, I do xD... I don't know if I'm the best suited to talk (since I'm still studying and just at half the carreer), or what do you mean by course (5-6 years of study like in my case, or shorter).

What I can say is that game developing isn't an easy place to work as you can imagine. If you're on USA you already have an studio location advantage. But, working as a "minion" on the game industry is not that well paid (publishers/corps tend to be a shit). If you want to do it, you must be good, and of course love what you do and be able to do what you don't, but have to. This includes the fact, that you tend to deal with people (either some idiotic artist teams/bosses, or just team workers in general).

The free into this is that you can also move not by a simple employee but joining an independent production. Or go by yourself into a smaller group for smalls games but with great ideas. Game developer is not a bad carrer. But it does not offer that big liberty that normally CS-carrers people have (in terms of job options).

Needless to repeat: if you love what you end up doing, go for it wink

PS: is it possible for us knowing what you mean by getting "busted" and how?

JackDate: Wednesday, 2013-02-27, 06:47 | Message # 4
Group: Registered
Quote (ShadowManu)
PS: is it possible for us knowing what you mean by getting "busted" and how?

Hm...... Didn't Even attend the university for atleast 10 days full and So...... and Bad Behaviour ( SMOKING) biggrin

Any way thanks for your advise Mr.Commander.

P.S:- You can close this thread.

Message edited by Jack - Wednesday, 2013-02-27, 06:47

Forums » Discussions » Casual Discussions » Need Advise (Gaming Carrer)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications