• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Debate - Blow 'n Go Fast Entry
Debate - Blow 'n Go Fast Entry
ShaDyDate: Thursday, 2012-03-15, 20:29 | Message # 1
Group: Registered
Awards: 0
First, Hi guys,
So I want to introduce you to my tactic of fast entery. I saw a lot of real swat work and I thinked about this first time opened my swat4. So let's go on..

What is this?
Basicly it's a fast entery tactic, mostly compared with realism.

What do you need?
Breaching shotgun and at least 4 officers.

Instruction:
1#Officer pulls out BSG and stands at the door at the lock side.3# stands behind him and pulls out nade. 2# and 4# (+maybe 5 and 6) stacks to oposite side. Then everybody ready 3# pulls the pin out giving signal to 1#. Then 1# blows the lock and 3# throws nade as quickly as posible (better short distance) and the team enters room dinamicly. First enters 2#, then 4#, then 3#(switched back to pirmary) and the last as RG enters 1#(also switched back).

Notes:
*The whole idea is in the super fast entery(faster reaction than suspect)
*This is compared with real entery tactics
*Yes, it's dangerous becouse almost no cover.

Message edited by ShaDy - Thursday, 2012-03-15, 20:33

SokolDate: Thursday, 2012-03-15, 20:37 | Message # 2
Group: Ally
I gotta admit, the name of this tactic is really good smile

I think this tactic could be done if there is suifficent distance for officers 2 and 4 when stacked on hinge side of door (since stacking to opposite of knob side with close distance to door makes you exposed to the room).

Altough I can't really think of a situation when this would be used.Maybe if sus ran to a room (and while closing the door he locks it )and you can hear him threatning civ then this would work but without flash imo since it would take some time to stack,pull nade,prepare etc etc, just quick stack - blow 'n' go smile

The theory is nice , would be cool to see it in-game smile

Message edited by Sokol - Thursday, 2012-03-15, 21:18

BoooneDate: Thursday, 2012-03-15, 20:56 | Message # 3
Group: Lieutenant
Well it sounds and looks nice but it has no actual point, sadly. Also we could do a lot more tinkering with the entrys and stuff if we could actually throw bangs around corners and stuff like that.

RaptorDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 01:45 | Message # 4
Group: Commander
Hmm, it's pretty similar to our current breaching technique. You basically changed the normal line stack to a split stack. What do you think would be the advantage to do it this way and not the way we do it currently?

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

SAS_RandomDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 03:19 | Message # 5
i have to admit when i heard the name of the tactic i thought several things. one of them being the tactic I described at EDH. I guess we could call this TDH. T standing for Tactical.

if you have limited space to either side and you can't fit the whole element on one side of the door. shotgun breaching in swat is realistic, but unfortunately the game designers have several doors where tangos shoot you from behind the door after you use the breacher. this is why most teams use c2. also c2 is better for disorienting the enemies who are near the door. c2 is better when you have to enter a door positioned at the end of a structural funnel. you can keep the entire team well back blow the door and take a look without risking any team mates.

bsg is great for maintaining dynamic momentum when you are banging and clearing a series of rooms without stopping. when you come to a locked door, there is nothing better than a breaching shotgun. it's three times faster than waiting for c2 to be set and detonated.

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
22nd SAS Elite Virtual Regiment
www.sasclan.org

Message edited by SAS_Random - Friday, 2012-03-16, 03:19

ShaDyDate: Friday, 2012-03-16, 18:12 | Message # 6
@Raptor: hm, really it's faster to enter straight to the room than go around breacher

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2012-03-17, 04:22 | Message # 7
Quote (ShaDy)
really it's faster to enter straight to the room than go around breacher

I don't think so, at least not much faster.
An you got the additional disadvantage of a split stack: if a tango comes out of the door and stop, the teams are in each others fireline.

ShaDyDate: Saturday, 2012-03-17, 07:59 | Message # 8
Well yeah, but I think we should enter faster in this situation (really faster if doing without nade(same just 3# stands with wholle team in oposite side) )

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2012-03-17, 12:23 | Message # 9
When using BSG you draw all attention to the fatal funnel of the the door. An entry without nade is imho extremely dangerous. Btw: the pulling of the nade doesn't take more time than the deployment of the bsg.

TheIceManDate: Saturday, 2012-03-17, 13:51 | Message # 10
Group: NCO
Awards: 1
Hmmmm blow and go these are my words when I lead...so dont copy and make sth more original next time ok? : D

No Retreat No Surrender

Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » Debate - Blow 'n Go Fast Entry
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Communications