08:16 UTC+0, 2024-04-20
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » [Swat4] Briefing
[Swat4] Briefing
RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-11-30, 00:48 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
I noticed that some of you still don’t like to do full briefings in Swat4. Well, you don’t have to use the whole briefing scheme with all details. And you don’t even have to construct a full background scenario like Booone and me often do.
But you should provide at least some basic information about the situation, including:
- what’s the general situation? (barricaded suspects, raid, hostage situation, etc.)
- layout of the target building; do we have floorplans?
- information about suspects (estimated number and EQ)
- expected civilians
- objectives / priorities

It creates a nice atmosphere, and only these information make a tactical approach plausible and realistic. Swat4 itself allows so many strategies, but a lot of them don’t make sense in a real scenario. E.g. during a raid you don’t take it slow, you want to be fast to prevent suspects from destroying evidence. During a hostage rescue you usually start stealth to get close to the hostage and proceed dynamic when compromised. In a barricaded suspects situation you can take your time: the suspects won’t go anywhere, they are already barricaded, they don’t have hostages and usually they won’t destroy important evidence.

Beside the situation, a basic briefing must also include:
- a basic Course of Action
- team structure (subteams like alpha, bravo, RG, and so on), stacking order
- coordinating instructions (who deploys tacaids, who breaches, when does the breacher enters, hallway security, etc.)
- EQ
- RoE

I know it takes some practice to get this stuff right, but please try to do it the next time you lead. I’ll rework the briefing scheme to highlight important points, and I recommend you print it out so you can look at it while giving your briefing in-game.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

RyeDate: Monday, 2014-02-17, 13:06 | Message # 2
Group: Registered
Include ECOA. Enemies Coarse of Action (Suspected).

RaptorDate: Monday, 2014-02-17, 15:06 | Message # 3
Group: Commander
We already have Enemy's Most Likely Course Of Action and Enemy's Most Dangerous Course of Action in the full briefing scheme, but thanks for the hint.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Forums » Discussions » Tactics and Techniques » [Swat4] Briefing
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications