• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » SAS-Mod Contest
SAS-Mod Contest
RaptorDate: Thursday, 2012-07-12, 17:48 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
*only relevant for SOG, SAS, ETS and AST members*

So guys since we come closer to realize our contest idea and private discussions became kinda unhandy, I suggest to use this thread for central communication between teams. It's public, so everyone can read and post here (I think even without registration). Mb we will open a whole section later to organize the details.

First let me repeat the current version of the contest rules in case they didn't make their way to all of your teammembers wink
(I have made slight changes at the scoring system concerning the 2nd try, mainly for clarification.)

Current progress:

AST team is ready with the following team:
#1 Herbie
#2 Raptor (<-- Teamcaptain)
#3 TheIceMan
#4 Shadow
#5 Luis
#6 Jack
#7 Drago

ETS knows about the contest for quite a while and I hope they will be ready soon. Guys?

SAS: communication was a bit difficult at the start since our usual inofficial liaison officer Random is currently busy in real life. But now Matt informed his team and got a positive feedback. So I hope you guys take the challenge wink

SOG: Iceman invited them at the forum but didn't get a definitive answer yet. If they decide to join we could extend the system above for 4 teams adding an additional round. If not we proceed with the original plan of 3 teams.

I really hope we get this working biggrin
Should be a lot of fun to play in this contest conditions, to compare our teams and watch other teams in action wink

Disclaimer for other clans or players: we never organized such an event before. That's why we want to make the first attempt with only a few teams to which we have good connections already. If it works and we gain more experince, we may start other events e.g. a similar contest with more or other teams, or an open tournament with clan-independent teams.

Added (12/07/2012, 5:48 PM)
---------------------------------------------
*update*
SAS team is almost ready, they just need to elect a captain.

@ETS: how about you guys?

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Tuesday, 2012-07-10, 08:50

SokolDate: Thursday, 2012-07-12, 18:13 | Message # 2
Group: Ally
We already created a team for contest but 3 of our team members went offline.One of them untill 19.7, other one untill 22.7 and third guy will be back in 2,3 days.
Since those participants went offline we couldn't discuss about who will be team captain and which map to play (team captain will most likely be Struis tho).

SAS_MattDate: Sunday, 2012-07-15, 14:16 | Message # 3
Group: Civilian

We have some players that aren't sure to play. So I have a list of potential members. Once a player played one round he can't be remplaced. Like that we wont have more that 7 players :-)

These are our players :

- SAS_Flash
- SAS_Matt
- SAS_Nick
- SAS_Yogi
- SAS_Fluffy
- SAS_Elite
- SAS_DDay
- SAS_Shawty
- SAS_Sam

RaptorDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 08:59 | Message # 4
Quote (SAS_Matt)
We have some players that aren't sure to play.

Well, same here...

Take a short look at our members lists:
AST: 9 Full Members (+4 Recruits which are still in training and therefore not allowed to participate in the contest team)
SAS: 22 Trp. or above playing Swat4 (+4 Recruits/Cadets + countless Veterans)
ETS: 32 members in total (can't distinguish recruits and full members in their list)
So actually the 7 players limit was meant to compensate our lack of manpower...

Anyway, even when you have just 7 players at the end, a pool of 9 possible players will make it easier to gather a full 6 man team for the first round.
So either SAS reduces his number of potential players or we change the contest rules and allow 9 possible players for everyone. Otherwise it would be unfair imo.

StruisDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 16:50 | Message # 5
Quote (Raptor)
can't distinguish recruits and full members in their list

That's because recruits aren't on the list, atleast not until they become a full member.
Quote (Raptor)
Anyway, even when you have just 7 players at the end, a pool of 9 possible players will make it easier to gather a full 6 man team for the first round.
So either SAS reduces his number of potential players or we change the contest rules and allow 9 possible players for everyone. Otherwise it would be unfair imo.

I agree. We also had (atleast) 11 ETS member who wanted to take part in this contest, so we had to make a cut to end up with just 7 players. It's still good to have a few reserves (should one of the chosen 7 be unable to take part), but at the start of the tournament the teams should be set without being able to make more changes to the roster. I don't mind if the teamsize is raised to 9 though, as long as every team has an equal ammount of players.

SAS_MattDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 19:27 | Message # 6

My Idea was :

Once a player played in one round he cant be remplaced. If he dies, no one can remplace him. This way we can have a 7 men teams (or more) and if just before a round a member can't play (unable to play at the time planned) another member can take his slot.

StruisDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 21:39 | Message # 7
Quote (SAS_Matt)
Once a player played in one round he cant be remplaced. If he dies, no one can remplace him. This way we can have a 7 men teams (or more) and if just before a round a member can't play (unable to play at the time planned) another member can take his slot.

Things still need to be balanced or we could just list our entire clan as 'potential players', leaving AST in a disadvantage since they have way less members than SAS and ETS.

So a rule that suits this situation could be that every team may list 9 players of which only 7 may be used during the contest.

RaptorDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 21:48 | Message # 8
Exactly that's the point Struis.

SAS_MattDate: Wednesday, 2012-07-18, 10:32 | Message # 9

Our SAS-Team :

- SAS_Flash
- SAS_Matt (Captain)
- SAS_Nick
- SAS_Yogi
- SAS_Fluffy
- SAS_Elite
- SAS_DDay
- SAS_Shawty
- SAS_Sam

Maybe now we can decide we will do that :-)

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-24, 02:18 | Message # 10
Quote (Struis)
So a rule that suits this situation could be that every team may list 9 players of which only 7 may be used during the contest.

Ok, then let's do it that way.

#1 Herbie
#2 Raptor (<-- Teamcaptain)
#3 TheIceMan
#4 Shadow
#5 Luis
#6 Jack
#7 Drago
#8 Reiben
#9 Cerberus