05:42 UTC+0, 2024-03-29
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Insurgency
Insurgency
LuisDate: Tuesday, 2014-05-06, 22:23 | Message # 1
Group: NCO
Awards: 0
Take to the streets for intense close quarters combat, where a team's survival depends upon securing crucial strongholds and destroying enemy supply in this multiplayer and cooperative Source Engine based experience.

Features

Multiplayer Game Modes:

Company Set Minimum requirements:

Message edited by Luis - Tuesday, 2014-05-06, 22:27

LuisDate: Thursday, 2014-05-08, 22:42 | Message # 2
My Short review of the game:
I think the game has real potential, the PVP is quite competitive and who rushes dies, which is something I find quite appealing.

The PVE on the other hand if you leave the AI as default they tend to go up through the same way where the rest of his friends died which is quite stupid in my opinion, though this can be changed if you level up the AI difficulty to expert, sure they wont be Einsteins though they will flank more and use more grenades and explosives to flush you out of positions.

Overall I think the game is quite fun in both PVE and PVP (mostly PVE) and A LOT of fun to play with friends.

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2014-06-19, 17:41 | Message # 3
Group: Commander
It's currently on steam for 9€. Does anyone still play this game?

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

BoooneDate: Thursday, 2014-06-19, 17:59 | Message # 4
Group: Lieutenant
Not too often. But if someone were to ask me for a round (of PVP, I don't like the co-op in this game) I would join in.

LuisDate: Thursday, 2014-06-19, 19:20 | Message # 5
As for me and Aras I don't play it that often anymore though it's still installed. We two mostly play co-op though.

LecterDate: Sunday, 2014-08-10, 10:37 | Message # 6
I like what they did with new updates. AI is more challenging, plus number and skill of the enemy can be adjusted. All maps are remade, providing more paths and approaches to objectives. New game mode hunt is pretty cool, where you have to eliminate all enemies in the area and destroy 1 weapons cache, which is hidden in one of three (randomized) possible locations in the area. 
Steam workshops provide cool skin modifications and custom maps. 

So far, this is infinite times better, than takedown in regards to what it tried to accomplish - squad based tactical shooter.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

LuisDate: Sunday, 2014-08-10, 10:38 | Message # 7
I feel like we can even start a squad there in the nearby future...

Thanks for updating the thread Lekter wink

LecterDate: Sunday, 2014-08-10, 13:03 | Message # 8
Its a nice idea, but we would need a private server for that. Also, we should wait and see where they take this game further. Maybe they will fuck it up, maybe not. So far it is looking good. The only few improvements I would suggest is to eliminate HUD entirely, as well as any other strategic indicators. Also, they could add a decent VOIP similar to ACRE, or the system which BF2: PR has. Medic system would also be nice. Instead of dropping dead after 1-2 shots, there should be possibility to get injured or incapacitated and rely on your teammates to keep you alive. With those improvements the game would be perfect.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Insurgency
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications