06:52 UTC+0, 2024-03-29
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » R6: Raven Shield
R6: Raven Shield
RaptorDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 06:28 | Message # 11
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
*reopened*

I just spend a couple of hours with some really nice rounds and some really nice tactical players at the SAS RvS Server.

Really cool game. Petty fast. Huge weapon arsenal, and each weapon can be modified with silencer, scope or a huge magazine. Map with various combat ranges to use all weapons (not only CQB as in swat, working sniper rifles *yeah*). Ofc more military style than swat. A lot of tangos. And tangos are really aggressive. You often recive really heavy, even suppresing fire. Not comparable to the 3 bullets sus fire at opening doors in swat. And concerning doors: they open in one predefined direction, not always inside the room as in swat. Bullets may penetrate doors or other objects. And the door charges are really firework: the blow the whole door into pieces *BOOOM* biggrin (well, yes I'm a undercover-pyromaniac, but don't tell anyone pls xD)
So the challange is a different one, but nevertheless some maps are really hard.

I guess herbie, shadow and me will discuss if our team should start "official" support for RvS. I'm curious if I could setup a RvS server at my root server.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

TheIceManDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 11:31 | Message # 12
Group: NCO
Awards: 1
Would be nice Rap...Yeah were cool rounds : )

No Retreat No Surrender

BoooneDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 13:53 | Message # 13
Group: Lieutenant
I got familiar with everything and knew almost each and every tango on each official map but when I played again recently I just kept dying biggrin

ShadowManuDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 14:14 | Message # 14
I just played some trainings on RvS... and looks a prety cool game.. Just that I hate the standard keyboard layouts xD

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2012-03-08, 15:19 | Message # 15
Yeah, default keyboard layout sucks, but you can change it biggrin

SAS_RandomDate: Friday, 2012-03-09, 00:48 | Message # 16
Group: Registered
Some fun rounds today on our Training Ground server. We had almost no SAS on today, but you get the idea. You can have tactics vs tactics or you can run around like crazed maniacs. I like the hostage, bomb, and pilot modes. Some of you have the mod files now and had a few encounters with my proximity mines. I think Drago got me with a nice claymore. It's certainly more of a challenge than vs AI. I hope we can keep at it.

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
22nd SAS Elite Virtual Regiment
www.sasclan.org

RaptorDate: Friday, 2012-03-09, 05:35 | Message # 17
I personally prefer to take the AI down, but nevertheless I got again some really nice rounds with EZ, Malty, Ade and Yogi at the proving ground biggrin

Starting to get more familiar with game dynamics and weapon handling. Least one is imo more difficult (challenging) than in swat. Or mb I simply lack of pratice wink

Btw: I already had some ...well... let's call it "unfriendly" contacts with our proxy mines. Was pretty mean, I justed installed the game a few days before and found a handy keyboard layout, and you put me into a round with SAS pros laying mines all over the map biggrin

LecterDate: Friday, 2012-03-09, 09:33 | Message # 18
Yea, yesterday was ''explosive paradise'' on RVS. Im not a huge fan of them, but I surely love to predict your movements and shoot you in da face, though :D. It would be awesome if Rap could establish a server with same available mods. As well as AI opponents, of course.

RVS FTW

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

ShaDyDate: Friday, 2012-03-09, 12:27 | Message # 19
Group: Registered
Can somebody give me a link for game and patch(if needed) smile ?

Message edited by ShaDy - Friday, 2012-03-09, 12:28

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2012-03-10, 00:05 | Message # 20
Teammeeting decides that we don't start official RvS support now. Simple reason: we would have to modify our training, exam and ranksystem accordingly, and the team is currently not stable enough to do this.

Ofc we will keep on playing RvS and discussing tactics. If I got free time I may try to run an RvS server. But we won't consider RvS skills during applications and promotions. We may reconsider this issue if team situations changes in the future.

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » R6: Raven Shield
Search:

Communications