• Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » R6: Raven Shield
R6: Raven Shield
RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-18, 02:43 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Yeah, it's a pretty old game but it's really nice and tactical challenging wink

I played a few rounds today, but unfortunatly I wasn't able to find a really tactical server sad
There is a SAS proving ground, but they also didn't talked baout eq or leader or voice chat. Does anyone have more experince in the RVS community than me?

How about a few nice rounds at the weekend? (I know we already talked about before the forum "crash", but I can't remember the details...)
Mb I could even set up a dedicated RVS server at my root server. Need to check this.
Concerning version: the last official patch was 1.6. But there is also a inofficial version 2.0 which looks really nice. But I wasn't able to find a server for this version yet sad
Does anyone have some nice custom maps?

PS: RVS keeps crashing when connection to a MP server while xfire is enabled. Someone with the same problem?

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

SAS_RandomDate: Wednesday, 2012-01-18, 03:54 | Message # 2
Group: Registered
Xfire must be started after the game has been run. Xfire in game doesn't work, but you can use the simple commands like screenshot, video and broadcast. When we have 2-3 SAS we have organized games with voice. We use voice more for rvs than with Swat. We also play force vs force with objectives on our training ground server. If you want to play good rvs, xfire us.

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
22nd SAS Elite Virtual Regiment
www.sasclan.org

LecterDate: Thursday, 2012-01-19, 13:06 | Message # 3
Group: NCO
Eh, I have RVS. I tried to play it with Booone and Sokol via hamachi, but my hamachi doesnt work. This is f**king bullsh*t... RvS is a nice game and it would be fun to play with a good team. RS vegas2 would be badass, too.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

SAS_RandomDate: Thursday, 2012-01-19, 13:10 | Message # 4
just use the game's multiplayer interface. hamachi sucks.

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
www.sasclan.org

SokolDate: Thursday, 2012-01-19, 20:43 | Message # 5
Group: Ally
Not all have original Raven shield (like I don't ) and multiplayer interface requires cd-key and valid account.If there is a way to bypass all of it and be able to play on MP servers please Random tell me/us smile

BoooneDate: Thursday, 2012-01-19, 21:09 | Message # 6
Group: Lieutenant
Besides we tried playing RvS 2.0 and Sokol and Drago did not buy the game.

SAS_RandomDate: Thursday, 2012-01-19, 21:26 | Message # 7
I have a retail version, so I'm not sure. I think I heard that 2.0 doesn't require cd key, but that's just a rumor.

Raptor joined me for a few rounds today. We had a challenging map Presidio Hostage Rescue, then we tried Shipyard Mission.

Would have been more fun with 3-4 people, then we could have done some more dynamic entries. Hard to flash and clear a room with 8 tangos and -- unlike SWAT -- none of them thinking about giving up ;-)

If you could get on about 2 hrs earlier, we would have a bigger crowd.

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
www.sasclan.org

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2012-01-19, 21:37 | Message # 8
Group: Commander
Quote (Booone)
we tried playing RvS 2.0

As already mentioned the mod looks kinda cool. I'm really thinking about to run a RvS 2.0 server on my root machine. But I'm not sure how the ubisoft-mp-account-s**** works...

Imho neither hamachi nor tunngel or similar tools are a good solution.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

BoooneDate: Thursday, 2012-01-19, 22:01 | Message # 9
Group: Lieutenant
I remember the good times I had in RvS a long time ago on SAS and our own xD Team server for some time but it just got dull and boring after playing it so long...

Hamachi has always worked fine for me, be it because one of the persons I wanted to play with didn't buy the game or we did not want to open ports.

And when playing RvS 2.0 with Sokol I noticed how long I didn't play that game.

RvS is not that hard if you get used to it but it can be ridiculous at times, but so can SWAT. Just one thing I never really liked about RvS is the leaning and slowly going around corners like an idiot. I played with some people that use a quite different set of tactics. The have their element standing completely and they dont lean around corners liked idiots. The basic concept the tactics is to keep walking in most situation while trying to keep a steady aim (which can be really hard in RvS). Very frustrating most of the time thought, but an interesting and fun challenge once you start getting tired of "normal" RvS.

LecterDate: Friday, 2012-01-20, 13:04 | Message # 10
Group: NCO
I bought it, booone, I have original CD's...

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » R6: Raven Shield
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Communications