11:19 UTC+0, 2024-03-29
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Small Suggestions (Write here for suggestions and feedback)
Small Suggestions
RaptorDate: Sunday, 2012-03-25, 06:27 | Message # 21
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Hmm, I tried one GRAW part ones (can't remember if 1 or 2). I had to realize that my well-trained, hightech, elite future soldier is neither able to jump across 30 cm high obstacles nor to clamb a ladder to this really nice sniper tower (yes, this stupid hostile terrorist were ofc able to use the ladder and the sniper position).
#FAIL#

I'll take the risk that you call me grandpa, but imho the first parts of OFP and Ghost Recon were really nice tactical games. Anyway I think Arma2 is a good replacement for old-school operation flashpoint. And Ghost Recon isn't that special too, kinda similar gameplay to Arma (but without vehicles) and stealth RvS missions wink

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LecterDate: Sunday, 2012-03-25, 08:19 | Message # 22
Group: NCO
Well, I agree. I remember I enjoyed playing ghost recon 1 more, than when I played graw or graw2. Ghost recon was a very well made game of its time. In comparison for me its better, than graw releases.

Gameranger also supports rainbow six vegas 1-2. What I like about vegas, is that its very dynamic. And tactics work in vegas quite well. AI there is very well made for tactical maneuvers. In order to succeed, you have to maneuver constantly, fall back, regroup, flank, suppress, sneak and always keep an eye on tactical map for opportunities. Decisions between what action will you take next and total failure are usually matter of a seconds. Sitting around all day and thinking what to do next is not an option here.

If someone would like to try RSVegas coop, tell me.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

ReibenDate: Sunday, 2012-03-25, 09:35 | Message # 23
Group: Registered
Actually the first episodes of Operation flashpoint and Arma series have been created by the same studio Bohemia interactive. So Arma is the real next episode of first OFP. they switch to arma after they sold the OFP license to Codemasters. That's why Arma series still better than the newest OFP games (my opinion biggrin )

Nimquam Retro

Message edited by Reiben - Sunday, 2012-03-25, 09:43

BoooneDate: Sunday, 2012-03-25, 15:08 | Message # 24
Group: Lieutenant
Vegas is much more of an arcade shooter rather than anything involving tactics. Especially in the later missions in the game.

LecterDate: Sunday, 2012-03-25, 17:44 | Message # 25
It has tactical game opportunities like any other game. Anyway, whether it is tactical or no depends on people playing the damn game. SWAT is a great example. If you have team of rambonoobs, words like ''team'' or ''tactics'' mean f**k-all difference if everyone will just be running around without any regards to any rules. However, people who have different play style create entirely new gaming experience. Even though RSVegas is made in different style, than lets say, SWAT it still has big place for tactics. ''Arcade shootering'' around on realistic difficulty is not an option there, since you get dropped like a wet sock pretty fast. And that makes tactical approach necessary.

So... would anyone else like to play it?

HerbplantDate: Monday, 2012-03-26, 13:11 | Message # 26
Quote (Drago)
Do you know more gameplay details about this game? I imagine rts coop where each players controls one unit of any kind. This would be ideal.

Exactly that, we got the pointmen, assaulters team, the snipers, the sappers, engineers, doctors etc.

Its a really very coo game, and full tactical. Without tactics you cannot play it properly.

If fail in anything, try again. You will be able to shake the world. Believe!

LecterDate: Monday, 2012-03-26, 17:54 | Message # 27
Cool. Do you have it? Is it possible to run a working server without garbage like hamachi or something?

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 2012-03-27, 07:26 | Message # 28
Group: Commander
*closed*

Guys this thread gets imho to messy at this point. Let's handle it in a different way:
if you want to suggest a other game, open a new thread in the public random section. Name the thread with only the name of the game. In the first post you should explain the general gamestyle. So all opinions, comments or appointments concerning a game are gathered in one thread.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Small Suggestions (Write here for suggestions and feedback)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Communications