11:46 UTC+0, 2024-04-24
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Small Suggestions (Write here for suggestions and feedback)
Small Suggestions
LecterDate: Friday, 2012-02-03, 10:17 | Message # 1
Group: NCO
Awards: 0
AST focuses on fps games where you can use tactical gameplay and have fun.

I'd say Americas Army would be a good addition to AST gaming arsenal. This game was created by U.S army and is free to download. No serials, no cracks and no protection bullshit. The only problem may be, that AA3 (newest version of AA) requires quite powerful pc. Although, older AA versions are available for everyone, who can run SWAT4. Main differences between older and newer AA's are graphics and some minor features.

Another game could be Battlefield 2. Since it has quite low requirements for pc, has many mods, its convenient to host a server. Both AA and BF2 bring wider opportunities for squad tactics, since battlefield tactics may differ form those used in CQB.

IMO, it would be fun to try out more tactical games. What do you guys think? Perhaps you have more suggestions?

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

BoooneDate: Friday, 2012-02-03, 13:53 | Message # 2
Group: Lieutenant
I like the idea, but it would be nicer to be playing co-op games though, which would exclude AA3 already. AA2 could be a good idea instead but it only has 4-5 co-op maps.

BF2 would be nice, we could play the Project Reality mod ( realitymod.com ) in co-op.

And of course we could also play ArmA 2 or ArmA 2 OA if anyone has it.

RaptorDate: Friday, 2012-02-03, 15:06 | Message # 3
Group: Commander
I'm open minded for every teambased and realistic tactic shooter. Imo RvS and Arma are pretty good.
If I remember right BF2 w/o mod is not realitic. But with a mod we could give it a try. AA sounds kinda interesting.

Anyway I'm not sure if AST will "officially" play another game.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LecterDate: Friday, 2012-02-03, 16:36 | Message # 4
ARMA would be great, but my pc is not good enough to run it. However, I used to play AA for quite a while. Coop there was pretty good, but not many people were playing tactical. BF2 PR is awesome. But it lags when you have many bots on the server. But after you tweak team ratio for AI vs humans, set a small map, 25 bots are quite enough to be challenging.

Added (03/02/2012, 1:36 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also, how about rainbow six vegas 2? Its a bit more arcade, but fun as hell. Many tactical opportunities there, too.

BoooneDate: Friday, 2012-02-03, 17:59 | Message # 5
Group: Lieutenant
Hmmm it's too much pointed towards arcade gamestlye in the end besides I only have the German masterversion with which I can't play with other version. dry

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2012-03-15, 04:07 | Message # 6
Some of us have started RvS recently and looking at this pretty old game another option came to my mind: swat3

Well, it's a really old game and the public server are down, so you can't run a public inet server anymore. So we only have the option to run it in a virtuell LAN like Hamachi. Anyway it could be nice to play a few rounds of this old game, I guess some SAS members would join us also.

So interests? Anyone experience with Hamachi and Swat3? (except random: http://www.sasclan.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=10117 )

ReibenDate: Thursday, 2012-03-15, 12:29 | Message # 7
Group: Registered
I never swat 3but it can be great. Arma 2 can be a good addition, but a good PC is needed. I play only 1 time in coop with Boone. it was "interresting". 15 shot fired and maybe 3 or 4 chopper crash surprised

Nimquam Retro

LecterDate: Thursday, 2012-03-15, 14:02 | Message # 8
...swat3 looks like pac-man confused . I would agree with ARMA, but my pc shat itself when I tried to run it. IMO, closest battle-type game to AST would be Americas Army. AA2 doesnt require powerful pc and I think there are custom coop map packs to download.

Added (15/03/2012, 11:02 AM)
---------------------------------------------
Also, Rainbow Six Lockdown came to my mind. Its more of a MP style game, with more features. Coop is available, too.

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2012-03-15, 15:05 | Message # 9
Stop pls. I didn't wanted to repeat all games possible. And I didn't wanted to officially extend AST to another game, for the same reasons we have rejected RvS.

I have just asked for people interested in a few funny, retro rounds of Swat3 at the weekend.

If you want to organize gaming sessions in Arma or AA2 or Lockdown or any other realistic teambased FPS, feel free. Use the forum. Create a mumble channel if you want to (or ask me to do it). Mark the date in the xfire calendar. Have fun smile

SAS_RandomDate: Thursday, 2012-03-15, 15:08 | Message # 10
Group: Registered
SWAT 3 graphics are a bit cartoonish compared with todays graphics and textures, but it's a solid tactical game.
The character movements for the AI remind me of coleco football because they move but their legs do not move correctly and there is a lot of moonwalking ;-)

SAS_Vet_Random
Lt. Colonel (Retired)
22nd SAS Elite Virtual Regiment
www.sasclan.org

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Small Suggestions (Write here for suggestions and feedback)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Communications