11:08 UTC+0, 2024-04-25
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Men of War: Assault squad
Men of War: Assault squad
LecterDate: Friday, 2012-03-30, 10:38 | Message # 1
Group: NCO
Awards: 0
MOW: AS is RTS game with many features and opportunities. It was suggested by Herbplant. He said he played coop of this game and that it was worth it. I got it recently, tried it out and must say- its damn hard to get used to controls at first, but after two days I managed to get around quite well. Herbie could tell more about coop features, I guess. Game itself doesnt require powerful pc, my crappy rig runs it quite decent. Available armies to choose:

U.S
Britain
Germany
Japan
Soviet Union

I played single player skirmish on hard. Im still on 1st U.S mission. As U.S marines you have to invade a beach that is under Japanese control. You must take control of 4-5 fortified sectors and in the mean time defend those you captured. Which is not easy to do, because reinforcements you receive are quite low and not rapid enough. Plus, you have to supply your soldiers quite often, because they run out of ammo (seems like japs are just sending their infantry hordes until we run out of ammo... sadly, this tactic works) U.S armor is shitty (weak armor units available) and can be blown to hell by jap anti-tank guns in other side of the map. However, japs have paper tanks, too. (I play with fog of war enabled) My recon units usually clash with attacking japanese infantry. So battle is pretty static and does not favor me (the attacker). As enemy keeps coming and my resources are running out quickly victory depends on every movement to be successful.

But I guess its enough detail. This game is fun and I bet it would be fun to play it in coop mode.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

ReibenDate: Friday, 2012-03-30, 10:58 | Message # 2
Group: Registered
It look like Codename Panzer 1 and 2 or Company of heroes

Nimquam Retro

LecterDate: Friday, 2012-03-30, 11:56 | Message # 3
Its a quite different than company of heroes. MOW is more complicated.

BoooneDate: Friday, 2012-03-30, 12:05 | Message # 4
Group: Lieutenant
The single player is not so good in AS imo because it focused a lot less on micromanagement than MOW and Red Tide and even Vietnam (while I think in Vietnam they overdid it).

Adversarial multiplayer is really, really good in AS, but Coop is not that good.

MOW is where the coop (and singleplayer) really shines but they adversarial mode is kind of imbalanced.

Anyhow I am a big fan of MOW but it is indeed a very hard game which can be very frustrating (especially MOW:AS in multiplayer) but you will never feel that it is not your fault if something bad happens to you. What I mean by that is there are no to very few situation which you could not have prevented by doing something better in the first place.

Also the detail is pretty much the most detail I have ever seen in an RTS or maybe even any game at all. Knowledge about the tanks and units in general in this game can get you to win the game whereas you might know a weakness of tank your enemy doesn't and you can use that against him.

LecterDate: Friday, 2012-03-30, 12:24 | Message # 5
I havent played MOW before, so I cant compare. Tank warfare is pretty weak. You can wipe-out all incoming enemy tanks with just a single well-placed AT gun. They manage to knock it out sometimes, though. Im still getting used to feeling ranges and fields of vision. I play with fog of war so its not very easy to spot enemy targets. Usually you cant even spot what is pinning my squads under fire. Map with icons helps here a lot. Resupplying is a big pain in the ass. In coop it would be easier, since one person could focus on advance and securing, while other is managing resupply plans.

BoooneDate: Friday, 2012-03-30, 12:57 | Message # 6
Group: Lieutenant
Quote (Drago)
Tank warfare is pretty weak.

Tanks do get broken very quickly if you do not use them properly.

But of course Co-Op always makes it easier and more enjoyable happy

We could meet to play a bit when you give me a message on Xfire. smile

RaptorDate: Friday, 2012-03-30, 21:20 | Message # 7
Group: Commander
Sounds cool, I'll try to get the game and save (or kick) your asses on the battlefield wink

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

JackDate: Saturday, 2012-03-31, 00:11 | Message # 8
Group: Registered
This is the Link for the Game works better biggrin

http://thepiratebay.se/torrent....mod_6.5

LecterDate: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 20:40 | Message # 9
This game is damn addictive. We played coop mode with Herbie till the next morning biggrin MoW is becoming quite popular. Members who already have: Boone, Herbie, Jack, Luis and me. Unfortunately, when I host server with 4 people, its becoming disruptive and sometimes people get crashed. dry

RaptorDate: Sunday, 2012-04-01, 21:21 | Message # 10
Group: Commander
Uh, just for the protocol: Luis isn't a member. At least not of AST. At least not yet wink

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Men of War: Assault squad
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Communications