03:41 UTC+0, 2024-10-18
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
R6: Vegas 2
LecterDate: Sunday, 2012-04-22, 10:29 | Message # 1
Group: NCO
Awards: 0
TERRORIST HUNT

Im sure most people here know what this game is about and what terrorist hunt is. Basically, you have to eliminate all hostiles in the area, preferably- without dying. In order to do that, you have to plan your actions. Tactics increase the odds of success. When creating tactical patterns for vegas, take into consideration this:

*Tangos use grenades, suppressing fire and flanking tactics on you.
*They tend to stick by each other.
*They investigate any suspicious sound (for example: gun shot, explosion, dying comrade)
So basically you will encounter small military-grade combats against somewhat aware enemy.

Necessities:

*Make as less noise as possible when you DONT want enemies to come to you.
*Have your flanks covered during firefights (rearguard role in this is most important).
*Keep in cover if you can, avoid moving in open areas for too long.

Tips:
*Depending on your role in squad, when you have two weapons, keep one of them silenced and second- LOUD&proud
*Keep your armor thin. More mobility- better. Running around with a fat-ass armor doesnt really help much, it just slows you down. Even with fattest armor you can be dropped down quite easily. Only difference is- you will die fat.
*LISTEN! to every sound. Ladders, ropes, doors, windows. They all have unique sound, which can be heard from distance. It can give you a clue of the location of a hostile.

Some tactical principles for TH:

*Avoid making sounds in CQB areas.
*Luring enemies into the open and eliminating is a clean way to deal with them. Just take a good position to oversee open area, make a noise in the middle of it. Wait for enemy to come, shoot them in the face.
*Use bouncing in CQB and Cover-move in open areas.
*Relocate to more convenient position after being compromised (tactical fallback)

VERSUS

A mode in which you compete with enemy team. Unlike AI terrorists, opponents here are real people... Human beings... Creatures with anger, anxiety and... fear. This is where the psychological warfare comes in (my favorite, hehe). Also, you need to predict enemy actions (threat assessment). So your brain really needs to work hard here.

IMPORTANT:
*Use your ears. Like before, objects triggered by someone emit sounds. So listen carefully to what your enemy is doing. Then, you might be able to predict were he is and what is he going to do next.
*Always have in mind, that enemy might know where you are. Let go idea of safety and prepare for contact all the time. This is important, because if you feel safe, then sudden engagement may disrupt your aiming (panic). It works on enemy, too. When you pop up next to him suddenly, when he feels safe, you can see how his aim is going all over the screen.

Tactical principles:

*I like to call this the ''Iron Wolf'' principle. When threat is assessed (his location and actions are quite certain), approach HEAD-ON with suppressing fire, flanking, grenades. Its fast and effective if enemy is outnumbered by you. Its a brutal approach.

*I call this ''ghosts shadow'': Point of this is to stealthy circumnavigate enemy and get him from behind. Shoot only if you are certain you will kill OR when you are COMPROMISED. Its used if YOU are outnumbered by enemy. Also, its good for hunting campers.

* ''Whos your daddy'': If you are pinned down by MG or sniper... Thats good! Keep the enemy focused on you, while your trusted comrades get on his flank and shoot them in the face or make them sit on a grenade. Basic idea is- draw enemy aim to you, so that he could not observe his surroundings. Then rest is up to your team.

NOTE: everytime threat assessment is necessary. Before applying certain tactical principal you have to be confident of your enemies whereabouts. Its quite hard to make threat assessment and lead the squad in the same time. So its better to split this duty.

So this is it for this time. If this receives interest, I later can add squad management section.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

LecterDate: Sunday, 2012-04-22, 18:09 | Message # 2
So I thought I share this with you, guys. Me and Luis were playing vegas2 for few days now. We played both coop and versus. In short- thats frikin amazing. Tactics and coordination works very well and its fun using it. Versus is even more thrilling. Me and him played against 2-3 enemies with more experience and we manage to kick-ass quite often. Squad tactics is a must-use there. Diversions, flanking, sneaking leads to victory. By doing that we were able defeat our camping-noob opponents. So If anyone wants to try it, let me know.

LuisDate: Sunday, 2012-04-22, 18:09 | Message # 3
Its realy good wink

LecterDate: Sunday, 2012-04-22, 18:09 | Message # 4
Com on, people, join us! biggrin It would be nice to have like 3v3 or 4v4 match against some noobs.

Added (27/08/2012, 2:22 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Good matches today, guys. Me, Jack and Luis made 3 guys rage-quit after continuous pwnage.

EnocDate: Sunday, 2012-04-22, 18:09 | Message # 5
Group: Registered
Count with me drago! just tell me when do you rally to play and ill be there!

TheIceManDate: Sunday, 2012-12-09, 00:48 | Message # 6
Awards: 1
Guys I can run this game with playable lags...so I am free to play it...maybe I will have some CD-keys so we can play it online not just via LAN stuff....if with cracked version is able to play....

No Retreat No Surrender

LecterDate: Sunday, 2012-12-09, 09:02 | Message # 7
Ice, Vegas2 protection system works differently, than ravenshield. I doubt, cd-keys will do the trick.

LecterDate: Thursday, 2013-01-10, 15:19 | Message # 8
Just a random versus match biggrin
Attachments: 2423159.png (684.3 Kb)

LecterDate: Saturday, 2013-01-26, 19:13 | Message # 9
Hello, comrades. I decided to impose more order into vegas test  squad. I was hoping to tho that after Luis comes back online, but it became obvious this wont happen anytime soon... After I finish 1 more vegas 2 content document, I plan to do another training session. Attendees will have to familiarize with vegas content material and training will be focused on putting theory into practice... Training time will be posted in corresponding thread. After all these tasks will be done, those, who will truly want to participate in seriously playing vegas, will have to let go of the bullshit behavior. No more ramboing around, no more potatoeing teammates. We will start to play seriously, with order and communications, with discipline and leadership... And we will wear camo patterns, colors, which will be accepted by team as ''teams camo''. No more colorful flowers running around with guns.

LecterDate: Monday, 2013-05-20, 11:36 | Message # 10
We dont have vegas squad anymore and game itself is not popular here any more, but how about a casual story session just for fun? With special tools, story mode can support up to 16 players, so there will be enough room for everyone, who would like to join. This is just a proposal so date and time will be agreed on when we have a list of participants. So who would like to play?

• Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Communications