19:22 UTC+0, 2024-04-19
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Company of Heroes
Company of Heroes
DrPhilDate: Monday, 2012-05-14, 03:54 | Message # 1
Group: Registered
Awards: 0
Hey if any of you play company of heroes and want to play with me let me know!

Company of heroes is a 3rd person, real time strategy game based in WWII. There are 4 factions, on the allies, America and Britain. On the axis, the Wehrmacht and Panzer Elite. The fighting is centered on squad and vehicle based, semi-realistic combat. (On a side note, Men of War Assault Squad is similar to COH, but MUCH more realistic. I am also planning on getting that soon as well...) The resources are centered on manpower, munitions and fuel, which are all used to purchase/upgrade units/buildings and to call in off map supports. These resources are gathered through controlling key areas of the map. Overall, it is a fun game and has many possibilities for styles of play. There are also several excellent mods for the game such as "Europe in Ruins" that take the game to new places and make game play even more interesting. Also, relic recently released news concerning COH 2, which will be released in 2013 and featuring the WWII combat that took place in Russia...

Message edited by Raptor - Thursday, 2012-05-17, 02:06

RaptorDate: Monday, 2012-05-14, 04:04 | Message # 2
Group: Commander
I have company of heros, but I never played it really intensive or online. I didn't played it ages and I'm not really into realtime-strategy games anymore. Drago and other members are trying to make me play Men Of War for some time now...without success yet wink

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Thursday, 2012-05-17, 02:06

LecterDate: Thursday, 2012-05-17, 19:05 | Message # 3
Group: NCO
I have boatload of mods for this game. Its awesome. But when I tried Men Of War Assault Squad, I havent touched it since. Mow is better, imo.

Added (17/05/2012, 7:05 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Rap, dont play MOW, you'll get hooked to it :D. I play it every day now, even on single player. Its just too good biggrin (reverse psychology FTW grin )

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

Uniqu3Date: Tuesday, 2012-06-19, 17:28 | Message # 4
Group: Registered
I have Opposing Fronts, I did go to install it but was VERY disappointed and quite angered to see that the updater is torrent-based, my ISP throttles torrent traffic (thank god for encryption) but I had no way of updating other than downloading no more than a few kb a second, for very large files.

Much to satisfy my lost soul, was that I am introduced to Men of War. A game that, on it's face seems a lot better than CoH.

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Company of Heroes
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications