03:56 UTC+0, 2024-04-27
  • Page 1 of 1
Forums » Gaming » Short-Term Gaming » Arma2 - 1800 UTC
Arma2 - 1800 UTC
BoooneDate: Friday, 2013-06-07, 13:59 | Message # 1
Group: Lieutenant
Awards: 0
Hey guys,

how about a nice round of Arma to start the weekend? Requirements are the usual, get your stuff ready and have time to play, sign-up is not required but would be nice if you want to join.

No mission in particular, just what we have.

(Note: If the time is too early for you, just say when and we can rearrange a bit to play one or two smaller mission at the beginning so some people can join later.)

RaptorDate: Friday, 2013-06-07, 14:16 | Message # 2
Group: Commander
I'm in.

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LecterDate: Friday, 2013-06-07, 16:34 | Message # 3
Group: NCO
I will be in, but I might show up a bit later. About half an hour later or so, can't tell for sure now.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

RaptorDate: Friday, 2013-06-07, 22:49 | Message # 4
Good Games Guys. Just the last round was a little bit boring, someone should explain the difference between an assassin and a paparazzi to Aras wink

LecterDate: Saturday, 2013-06-08, 11:18 | Message # 5
Well, actually, there is a funny story behind that mission. As I started to make my move to you, I decided to go into a building and take a look at your complex. Then, I magically went through wall and fell out of 2nd floor, while going downstairs... I was alive, but with some minor pain. Morphine helped me not to pass out, but I was screaming every 10 seconds... So I couldnt move too close to you, so I decided to make you come to me. I was lucky, that you had flares placed around. Since they like me so much, they go off pretty well. Though, after first flare, you did not come where I wanted. I got annoyed after some time, so I took some shots at you, while you both were in the building (just to keep you on your toes)... Then I went around the compound listening your babbling and trying to find another flare. I found it in quite a convenient position by small entrance with lots of bushes nearby. That time it seemed to work, especially, when you were close to that entrance. I hid in the bushes and saw you going away from the area towards multiple story building with a tower. I wanted to take a shot, but my aim was quite messed up from that ''physics defying'' drop. So I needed to get really close to you while you were separated by a decent distance. After you went to that light post - my chance appeared and I took it.

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-06-08, 11:37 | Message # 6
Quote (Aras)
After you went to that light post - my chance appeared and I took it.

We went to that light post to finally end the round... otherwise we would still play right now.
In general I have nothing against operations where nothing happens for a long time. But yesterday I was tired and the round wasn't serious, I mean one UIP and a guard forced to stay at an open compound with 10 empty buildings ... unrealistic and boring.

Quote (Aras)
So I couldnt move too close to you, so I decided to make you come to me.

Bad thing is that I didn't have any urge to really search for you. My goal was to keep the UIP save, nothing else. And since I was alone, I decided to defend just one building and not the whole compound.
Btw if an attacker triggers a tripflare, he has basically just 2 options: change position really fast or get to cover and wait for a guard to investigate. So in my eyes as guard it doesn't make sense to check the area around the flare at all, hence I just did it real quick from unexpected positions.

LecterDate: Saturday, 2013-06-08, 13:41 | Message # 7
Except spec ops missions, with small covert objectives, which can be carried out by small groups of operatives, we dont have any realistic missions in arma anyway. Not with current player count. Engaging in all-out combat with 8 people is nonsense at best. Attacking enemy field positions, occupied settlements garrisons without decent amount of infantry forces and infantry support is out of this world. I regard those missions as fun without realism, because we do have a great time playing missions like that and versus match was one of those, in a certain way (regarding poor count balance). But I really miss the night-ops, with believable objectives and realistic atmosphere. I hope we could play at least one of those in next session.

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-06-08, 14:21 | Message # 8
Well, even if the scenario of a mission is not 100% realistic you can still apply realistic tactics and procedures up to a certain degree. And besides the special operations, we have a bunch of night and counter insurgent missions.

Back to topic:
The lack of players is something which can't be fixed easily. But the situation yesterday was mainly caused by an artificial restriction: the VIP is not allowed to leave the red area. Although IRL it would be a pretty good option to evade after the intial attack, even without a car.
The reason for this restriction was to create a certain scenario: the guards must defend and the assassin must enter the compound. Probably we should add a timelimit to prevent infinte camping like yesterday.

Forums » Gaming » Short-Term Gaming » Arma2 - 1800 UTC
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Communications