00:13 UTC+0, 2024-04-27
Forums » Logistics » Tweaks, Mods and Tools » [Swat4]SAS MOD v1.0 (By Keller & Francis)
[Swat4]SAS MOD v1.0
RaptorDate: Thursday, 2012-05-31, 17:18 | Message # 11
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Quote (ShadowManu)
You know AST is going to be the second one to setup a server with SAS Mod

Shadow makes a promise...guess it will be the task of either Iceman or me to keep it biggrin
It's unlikely that we will get a thrid server running fast, in fact we have still serious problems with our secondary server (because it's not directly hosted by us). Mb we will swap one of our current servers from vanilla swat to the mod, but we need to test the mod first ofc wink

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

SAS_KeLLeRDate: Friday, 2012-06-01, 12:42 | Message # 12
Group: Registered
THE MOD IS RELEASED

LINK:
http://sas-mod.net46.net/index.php/Downloads

HAVE FUN!

ReibenDate: Friday, 2012-06-01, 14:09 | Message # 13
it's really good, i love the new guns and their sound. you did an awesome job SAS. it's kind of SWAT 4.75 smile

Nimquam Retro

HerbplantDate: Friday, 2012-06-01, 14:40 | Message # 14
Group: NCO
How to open it?

Added (01/06/2012, 2:34 PM)
---------------------------------------------
forget it, i found the readme

Added (01/06/2012, 2:40 PM)
and... I crashed xD

If fail in anything, try again. You will be able to shake the world. Believe!

ReibenDate: Friday, 2012-06-01, 16:20 | Message # 15
I right click with the mouse and select "extract to SAS folder" then i copy it in the swat folder.

Nimquam Retro

RaptorDate: Friday, 2012-06-01, 17:25 | Message # 16
Installation is really simple, just follow the Readme in the documentation folder.

My first impressions:
- cool weapons and cool sounds, really good
- suspect shooting at opening doors, I like that smile
- removed some mission objectives, so you can't be sure whether you got all tangos until the mission is finally completed; really nice
- tango AI feel much more realistic now, god job
- no ammo counter anymore, another pluspoint

some negative points:
- the weapons are pretty easy to handle, they stay pretty stable even when moving... not sure if that is realistic (I lack of rl experince in this issue)
- some suspects have a really bad amining now, one guy in foodwall needed 7 shots to take me down while I was just standing 3 m in front of him (not sure, mb this is also related to the better protection of the vest against JHP)
- the white gasmasks look kinda stupid on suspect wearing camo suits biggrin

Anyway I'll test it more in detail later, didn't tried real team play until now.

Added (01/06/2012, 5:14 PM)
- and I'm using the old command style, just with number keys and not with mouse; there are a lot of important replies at high numbers, pretty far away from WASD (e.g. 7 clear, and "x-ray" is on of the last options...)

Added (01/06/2012, 5:25 PM)
Sidenote:

Quote (ShadowManu)
You know AST is going to be the second one to setup a server with SAS Mod

I guess: objective complete smile

First test server I saw today was from ETS, but just temporary. SAS itself is still waiting for the Server admin to come online and install the release version of the mod.

Message edited by Raptor - Friday, 2012-06-01, 17:06

SAS_KeLLeRDate: Friday, 2012-06-01, 18:44 | Message # 17
Thanks for the fast feedback Raptor!

I'll try to answer:

1. The handling is improved mainly in the SMGs, this because in real life, SAS officers are trained everyday to reach a perfect handling with these guns and above all with the MP5 which is the most accurate smg in the world.
In real life they are able to hit a tango while rushing into a room (they have few seconds to secure the room).
Source: "SAS Weaponology" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIzdzNUKvWY

2. Expect less skills with guns from gangsters, the terrorists instead (like the tangos in Hotel or Hospital for example) will have better skills and will be more aggressive with guns using the auto fire more often.
And anyway the Kevlar vest used by the officers (and by the tangos in the same way) are now more resistant to JHP bullets.

3. The GP5 mask can look a bit weird i know but it's just getting used to it, at least it was for me biggrin Btw in real life it is much better but due to the old graphic engine limitations of SWAT we couldn't use a perfect 3d model dry

Keep posting your feedbacks if you find any problem/bug/glitch.

Added (01/06/2012, 6:44 PM)
I need to know a thing because happened in SAS server too.

Do you guys can select AK, Uzi, Hockey Mask in COOP? Because they are equips just for SUSPECTS in BS mode and i think that there are some wrong server settings, if the mod runs with these equips it makes NO sense dry

I can suggest you to use the mod's Swat4xDedicatedServer.ini and edit it for the ASt server or check the one used to make the mod work properly.

Thanks wink

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2012-06-02, 11:35 | Message # 18
Quote (SAS_KeLLeR)
check the one used to make the mod work properly.

I'll do that later, too lazy right now smile

Added (02/06/2012, 11:35 AM)
Ok, I have fixed this "TeamSpecificWeapons" issue: fragnades, tango weapons and headgear is no longer available in COOP.
I also added the Mod Server to the server crash protection application (which wasn't easy due to the way the mod has to be started wink ).

I think we can keep on running the mod at the public server, it's really great.
Mb we should remove the password from the secondary server and let it run as public, vanilla swat server. So at the end of the day 2 public servers, 1 with SAS mod and the second in normal Swat4:TSS. Opinions?

ReibenDate: Saturday, 2012-06-02, 11:39 | Message # 19
I think it's good to have 1 server with the SAS mod and 1 running the "regular" game.

Nimquam Retro

SAS_KeLLeRDate: Saturday, 2012-06-02, 14:56 | Message # 20
Perfect Raptor, thanks for the fast fix, the "Team specific weapons" is an important feature of the mod and now it runs in the proper way, good job!

I also noticed yesterday that me and other people playing in your server can't see the new suspects skins (there is a blank bdu, missing texture).
To fix this detail you should go in the Swat4xDedicatedServer.ini and doing the following steps:

- Go under the [Engine.GameEngine] section
- Scroll till the last 2 lines that should look like this:
ServerPackages=SwatDesignerClasses2
GameSpyManagerClass=SwatGame.SwatGameSpyManager
- Adding this line between the two:
ServerPackages=sas_sus

So it will look like this:

ServerPackages=SwatDesignerClasses2
ServerPackages=sas_sus
GameSpyManagerClass=SwatGame.SwatGameSpyManager

Btw i'm very glad that AST is satisfied of the mod and above all about your decision to dedicate one of your server for it happy

Regards
SAS_KeLLeR

Forums » Logistics » Tweaks, Mods and Tools » [Swat4]SAS MOD v1.0 (By Keller & Francis)
Search:

Communications