21:35 UTC+0, 2024-04-24
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forums » Discussions » Casual Discussions » Swat Servers List
Swat Servers List
RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 17:01 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Seems like the central swat server is down and the ingame server browser is not working atm. All swat server are still reachable via direct ip or programs like xfire.
Hopefully that is just a temporary blackout, if not we face a serious problem...

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LuisDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 17:24 | Message # 2
Group: NCO
Indeed. By tomorrow all of the swat 4 comunity might be gone and so the tactical gameplay that we had... If we dont get trough this. I would like to say that it was an honor.

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 17:54 | Message # 3
I made a post to the gamespy forum, but I'm not sure if they still own the master server at all: http://www.ign.com/boards....2700240

SokolDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 17:57 | Message # 4
Group: Ally
I see the list empty aswell. dry

Luis,
Quote (KingLuis123)
By tomorrow all of the swat 4 comunity might be gone and so the tactical gameplay that we had

the world isn't ending just yet. xD
Just because in game server list is unavailable doesn't mean people will stop playing swat. They'll be forced to use xfire or direct IP which won't be a big problem.

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 18:18 | Message # 5
Quote (Sokol)
They'll be forced to use xfire or direct IP which won't be a big problem.

It won't be a big problem for players who are already part of the swat community (member or regular player on one server).
But it will be extremely difficult for new players to find servers. Also new clans will have almost no chance, since no one will notice their server. And finally the community will split into single clans or small networks. Without a server browser, you'll have almost no newcomers at your servers. And that means no new members in your clan.

I'm really pissed because of the lack of information, but gamespy is simply a crappy thing (not even sure who exactly owns the master server atm). I hope, that if they really shutdown their master server, they allow at least the community to setup a new one. Which wouldn't be that difficult with the right software...

SokolDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 18:39 | Message # 6
Quote (Raptor)
But it will be extremely difficult for new players to find servers. Also new clans will have almost no chance, since no one will notice their server.

It will be hard to find coop servers, I agree. But not extremely hard as you said since (at least imo) an average PC user/gamer will think about googling it out and he will easily find this (first link): http://www.gametracker.com/search/swat4/
All servers are listed here together with their IP and port.

Message edited by Sokol - Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 18:41

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 18:56 | Message # 7
Quote (Sokol)
All servers are listed here together with their IP and port.

No, a server is just listed there if someone registered the server at gametracker. And one can't see the current gamemode of the server via gametracker, so it's difficult to find a coop server (mb we should change server names...).

SokolDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 19:05 | Message # 8
Quote (Raptor)
No, a server is just listed there if someone registered the server at gametracker.

Yeah I know that. Almost everyone in current swat community knows how to register a server at gametracker and they do it everytime they get a new server (SAS,UTF,AST,ETS,UEO etc.). So, for new players it won't be problem to check all the servers since the list is being updated by current community. The problem could occur with new clans if they don't know about this...

Quote (Raptor)
And one can't see the current gamemode of the server via gametracker, so it's difficult to find a coop server

That's why I wrote that it will be hard to find coop servers. The good thing is most coop tactical servers have "tactical" or "pro" in their names so that's helpful in a way.

HunterCZDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 19:57 | Message # 9
Group: Registered
Players are usually lazy and I don't expect them to search for the servers like that. Some will maybe do it but majority won't. I was told by someone that same situation happened in the past and it was only for 1 day. Let's hope it will be ok by tomorrow.

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2012-10-10, 20:26 | Message # 10
Next problem: password protect servers doesn't work anymore. They are offline according to xfire and gametracker, and I can't join them via direct IP (I'm sure they are up, I can see the server console and webadmin panel).

Forums » Discussions » Casual Discussions » Swat Servers List
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Communications