02:46 UTC+0, 2024-04-18
Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [TD] Gaming Session - Release Party (20th, 21st and 22nd September)
[TD] Gaming Session - Release Party
RaptorDate: Sunday, 2013-09-01, 13:32 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Topic: TakeDown Release Party

Date and Time:
20th, 21st and 22nd September, time for each day is flexible

Classification:
public, everyone is welcome

Organizer:
Raptor

Requirements to join:
- finish the in-game tutorial and training missions to get familiar with the controls
- do NOT play further missions (see below)
- working Microphone

Server:
hopefully AST|Testing Server wink

Content:
TakeDown is coming, and I would really like to explore the game with friends in MP wink
So here is the plan: everyone plays only the tutorials and trainings alone in Singleplayer to set up controls and such basic stuff. And then we try to rock the COOP missions in Multiplayer together. It will be a really cool challenge: testing our tactics and SOPs together as team in a brand new game. Zero map knowledge, except the one from the briefing. Plus no knowledge about odd or predictable AI behaviour. It’s like 6 LiveOps at one weekend.
Hence I’m asking everyone who wants to participate here explicitly to NOT play a map (or scout it via YouTube) before we played it in the event series! The game will ship with 6 maps, so we can play 2 brand new maps at 3 evenings or 3 brand new maps at 2 evenings (ofc several rounds per map). Should I hear a comment based on map knowledge, like “There is always a sniper in that window.” or “There is a another room not marked at the floor plan.”, during the first round on a new map, the concerned player will be kicked from the event and banned permanently on the AST TD server!

Sign up is not required, but helps planning and ensures that you get a slot. Please enter the times that you’ll be available in the according schedule, so that we can find the time for each day when most players are able to participate.

Participants:
Friday 20.09.
Time: 18:00 UTC warm up, 18:30 COOP Killhouse + HQ
#1: Raptor
#2: Luis (until 20:00 UTC)
#3: ITS|DC5
#4: ITS|Recon (VIP, back-stage access)
#5: ITS|November
#6:
Unsure: ITS|Recon

Saturday 21.09.
Time: 14:00 UTC warmup if needed, then COOP Biolab + Radar Station
#2: Luis
#3: Warrior
#4: ITS|DC5
#5: ITS|Jack
#6: Kingcab
Unsure: ITS|Recon

Sunday 22.09.
Time: 14:00 UTC warmup if needed, then COOP Facility + Cargo
#2: Luis
#3: Warrior
#4: ITS|DC5
#5: ITS|Jack
#6: Kingcab (only before 16:45 UTC)
Unsure: SAS_Master, ITS|Recon

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Saturday, 2013-09-21, 01:34

RaptorDate: Tuesday, 2013-09-17, 13:30 | Message # 11
Seems like the game will be released Friday at 17:00 UTC (pretty late). Need to instal it then, setup the server and play tutorials (if available).

Hope we can start at 18:00 UTC with a 30 minutes warm up/test in the killhouse. And then trying to accomplish "Biolab" and "HQ" at the first attempt wink

I guess Saturday we could start earlier, how about 14:00 UTC? We can decide whether we need a warm up round again, and then going for the next 2 COOP maps.

For Sunday I would suggest 14:00 UTC as well. Again mb a short warm up round and then the remaining 2 COOP maps.

Everyone ok with the schedule? Ofc we can play the maps again and again, depending only on your available free time. And the server will be running (hopefully) 24/7, so we can play as well besides this fixed appointments (but only already known maps).

LuisDate: Tuesday, 2013-09-17, 13:36 | Message # 12
Group: NCO
18:00 utc sounds kinda late 4 me... Im not sure ill be able to make it, also If i do it would be for 1 hour max

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2013-09-18, 14:32 | Message # 13
Update: Talked to Luis and he can hoepfully play 2 hours at Friday. Furthermore I found a thread listing all COOP maps and updated the first post accordingly.

KingcabDate: Wednesday, 2013-09-18, 19:00 | Message # 14
Group: Civilian

Hey Raptor, can I add you on steam so i know when you guys are starting? smile

-Kingcab

RaptorDate: Wednesday, 2013-09-18, 21:35 | Message # 15
Sure, you can use steam or xfire wink

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2013-09-19, 03:49 | Message # 16
Tomorrow is finally the great day, so here comes a short tactical reminder:

This is going to be business as usual. New game, same sh**. Remember and use our tactics, in particular our basic principles. They work, so no need to reinvent the wheel. Follow SOPs, pay attention to proper communication and trust your teammates. If you intend to lead, have a(other) look at our briefing scheme. If you have a question, ask before the session or during the briefing.

Jack0725Date: Thursday, 2013-09-19, 15:36 | Message # 17
Group: Enlisted
I don't know if I can do it on Friday... I'll probably install it and go around 2 maps at Friday and then meet you in Saturday.

"Dunon eddi aidulegos
Treba ansra nu eddi onnas
Druco-critus me gabici
Rac senoxs auagomos
Aue, aue, inte noxtin"

Message edited by Raptor - Thursday, 2013-09-19, 15:55

DC5Date: Thursday, 2013-09-19, 22:25 | Message # 18
Group: Civilian

Hey there, i would like to safe a slot for November at friday evening - so tomorrow !

As i see there are just 4 players set 4 tomorrow and 2 slots free , 1 should be set for November please - and as far as i know Recon allso preordered the game and will be probably allso here to join us tomorrow, but can be that shes joining in later around 0:00 UTC

DC5

Added (19/09/13, 22:25)
---------------------------------------------
EDIT -
_ICEMAN_ Is allso going to get the game tonight.. is can be possible that he may join in as well smile

DC5

RaptorDate: Thursday, 2013-09-19, 23:13 | Message # 19
I signed up November, but pls make sure that he (she?) knows the rules. _ICEMAN_ can post here himself, afaik he has an account already.

ITS_DefCon5Date: Friday, 2013-09-20, 01:18 | Message # 20
Group: Ally
Hey , i just found out that the file is around 3gb to download - im counting with around 1 hour to download it -1800 UTC will be the
official release +Downloading makes for me around 1900UTC

I dont know how fast other can download and if every one is really ready to
launch the game at 1800 - 1830 UTC - i suggest to set the timer to 1800
UTC + 60/90 minutes before everyone is set and able to lauch the game.

Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [TD] Gaming Session - Release Party (20th, 21st and 22nd September)
Search:

Communications