11:29 UTC+0, 2024-04-20
Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [TD] Gaming Session - Release Party (20th, 21st and 22nd September)
[TD] Gaming Session - Release Party
RaptorDate: Sunday, 2013-09-01, 13:32 | Message # 1
Group: Commander
Awards: 0
Topic: TakeDown Release Party

Date and Time:
20th, 21st and 22nd September, time for each day is flexible

Classification:
public, everyone is welcome

Organizer:
Raptor

Requirements to join:
- finish the in-game tutorial and training missions to get familiar with the controls
- do NOT play further missions (see below)
- working Microphone

Server:
hopefully AST|Testing Server wink

Content:
TakeDown is coming, and I would really like to explore the game with friends in MP wink
So here is the plan: everyone plays only the tutorials and trainings alone in Singleplayer to set up controls and such basic stuff. And then we try to rock the COOP missions in Multiplayer together. It will be a really cool challenge: testing our tactics and SOPs together as team in a brand new game. Zero map knowledge, except the one from the briefing. Plus no knowledge about odd or predictable AI behaviour. It’s like 6 LiveOps at one weekend.
Hence I’m asking everyone who wants to participate here explicitly to NOT play a map (or scout it via YouTube) before we played it in the event series! The game will ship with 6 maps, so we can play 2 brand new maps at 3 evenings or 3 brand new maps at 2 evenings (ofc several rounds per map). Should I hear a comment based on map knowledge, like “There is always a sniper in that window.” or “There is a another room not marked at the floor plan.”, during the first round on a new map, the concerned player will be kicked from the event and banned permanently on the AST TD server!

Sign up is not required, but helps planning and ensures that you get a slot. Please enter the times that you’ll be available in the according schedule, so that we can find the time for each day when most players are able to participate.

Participants:
Friday 20.09.
Time: 18:00 UTC warm up, 18:30 COOP Killhouse + HQ
#1: Raptor
#2: Luis (until 20:00 UTC)
#3: ITS|DC5
#4: ITS|Recon (VIP, back-stage access)
#5: ITS|November
#6:
Unsure: ITS|Recon

Saturday 21.09.
Time: 14:00 UTC warmup if needed, then COOP Biolab + Radar Station
#2: Luis
#3: Warrior
#4: ITS|DC5
#5: ITS|Jack
#6: Kingcab
Unsure: ITS|Recon

Sunday 22.09.
Time: 14:00 UTC warmup if needed, then COOP Facility + Cargo
#2: Luis
#3: Warrior
#4: ITS|DC5
#5: ITS|Jack
#6: Kingcab (only before 16:45 UTC)
Unsure: SAS_Master, ITS|Recon

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

Message edited by Raptor - Saturday, 2013-09-21, 01:34

RaptorDate: Friday, 2013-09-20, 21:39 | Message # 31
Update: we get a server running, but not a dedicated one. Catch us on TS3 if you want to join.

Btw: screw the plan with playing the maps without scouting them first. There is no proper briefing and no floorplan sad

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-09-21, 01:41 | Message # 32
Update: Since there are no real briefings or floorplans at all, it is not possible to approach the default maps with a proper plan without playing them first. Hence we already played all 5 default maps today (KillHouse was not in the list for some reason).

That makes the special sessions we agreed on kinda obsolete. Anyway I'll nevertheless spent the weekend with playing TD, just in a casual way. In particular I'll try to be available at the times we agreed on before. I'll moreover try to get a dedicated server up as soon as possible. Until then some people, including me, can host with their own PCs. As usual we are using TS3, xfire and steam to stay in contact wink

LuisDate: Saturday, 2013-09-21, 06:35 | Message # 33
Group: NCO
Quote (Raptor)
Update: Since there are no real briefings or floorplans at all, it is not possible to approach the default maps with a proper plan without playing them first. Hence we already played all 5 default maps today (KillHouse was not in the list for some reason).
Are you kidding me? I left thinking that we would play the rest of the missions on the following day... Now you know more or less the maps and I need to scout them with AI (which i never enjoy).

Completly forgot about Luis hun? ...

RaptorDate: Saturday, 2013-09-21, 06:38 | Message # 34
You don't need to scout them with AI, you can scout them together with us today.

RaptorDate: Sunday, 2013-09-22, 17:51 | Message # 35
The launch of the game and consequently the gaming at the weekend doesn't went as expected. Nevertheless I had some fun, and I think/hope others as well biggrin

Forums » Gaming » Gaming Events » [TD] Gaming Session - Release Party (20th, 21st and 22nd September)
Search:

Communications