10:08 UTC+0, 2024-03-28
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Battlefield 2 v1.5
Battlefield 2 v1.5
LecterDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-01, 21:56 | Message # 41
Group: NCO
Awards: 0
How about thats impossible... For two main reasons: project reality dev team does not give away host files to everybody, you have to pass some of their criteria. AST would surely pass them though, but there is another problem - piracy.

Personally, I would have bought BF2 a long time ago, but there is nowhere local I could do so... There are no copies of it in retail stores and no CD-keys for sale in net markets...

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

LuisDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-01, 23:49 | Message # 42
Steam should be selling it for a low price, if you could pay me back in some way i could buy it for you...

LecterDate: Wednesday, 2014-01-01, 23:56 | Message # 43
Thats the thing, I cannot interact with foreign currency or accounts... If I could, there would be no problems in a first place... stupid banks...

LecterDate: Thursday, 2014-01-02, 19:02 | Message # 44
Something came up. I will get original BF2 cd-key from a friend of mine, who doesnt play BF2 anymore. When I get my stuff working, I'd like to create a test squad for PR. There is significant amount of tactical players in PR community and not that many servers (compared to ARMA2 per say). Would be a mistake to miss this opportunity to attract new members to AST. I'm just wondering if we could afford to host another game. Any opinions on this move?

BoooneDate: Thursday, 2014-01-02, 19:23 | Message # 45
Group: Lieutenant
Does anyone except you (when you get it) and me even have an original copy?

LecterDate: Thursday, 2014-01-02, 20:36 | Message # 46
I think Luis does (not sure, though). I dont think that will be a big problem anyway. Whoever wants to participate can easily obtain BF2 copy, since its almost dirt-cheap by now in comparison to modern games. Im the only one here, who has stupid problems due to our retarded banking policies. 
Status update: I am one step away from obtaining the key. I guess more opinions will not come in 10 minutes, so I will go through with it. I will have to do fresh installation of BF2 stuff with new key and I'd like to get over with it this evening.

ShadowManuDate: Thursday, 2014-01-02, 22:01 | Message # 47
Quote Aras ()
Im the only one here, who has stupid problems due to our retarded banking policies.
  Oh silly Aras... I may ask here then: is there a way for "black patch in the eye" people to play online just as swat?

LecterDate: Thursday, 2014-01-02, 22:07 | Message # 48
Not really, Shadow, apparently, battlefield is better protected, than swat... so fat chance... If there is a way, it requires very cunning and time consuming shit-fixing. Having in mind the current price of BF2, its not worth the effort. Easier to go legal.

LuisDate: Thursday, 2014-01-02, 22:23 | Message # 49
Ill definetly buy BF2 within this week, mostlikely 2morrow wink

LecterDate: Thursday, 2014-01-02, 22:37 | Message # 50
Already tested vanilla BF2... got the complete collection edition with special forces, euro forces and armored fury included. Everything is working normally so far. Note: dont forget to update punkbuster. At first, I got kicked out of a MP server because of PB... and I may or may not have accidentally punched someone in the face for it... Then I updated PB and it was OK. 
I shall now continue with project reality.

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Battlefield 2 v1.5
Search:

Communications