11:39 UTC+0, 2024-03-29
Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Battlefield 2 v1.5
Battlefield 2 v1.5
BoooneDate: Thursday, 2014-01-02, 23:30 | Message # 51
Group: Lieutenant
Awards: 0
I've had a little glance at the single player again. Not sure how well this will work for us. Maybe we can organize a spontaneous session the next few days and try the possibilities.

LecterDate: Friday, 2014-01-03, 00:41 | Message # 52
Group: NCO
Sure, that would be delightful. I already have my stuff working. Had few rounds on public servers. That was awesome experience. I was in 8 men squad, leader gave proper orders and squad was working in a tactical manner. Gameplay was filled with action. From taking over territories to rescuing downed chopper pilots and assisting vehicle advances. So far, I am very pleased.

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house

,,Not a single chainsaw was given that day...''

LuisDate: Friday, 2014-01-03, 20:06 | Message # 53
If anyone has problems with a slow torrent download like i did when downloading pr. Try this program out:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jroQIZDOBIY

Changes utorrent settings to the best know to the moment, speeding up ur torrents wink

P.S: Going to buy BF2 tomorrow and install PR aswell. Cya in the battlefield =]

LecterDate: Friday, 2014-01-03, 22:33 | Message # 54
I owe you an apology, Luis... Newest PR version is 1.1 after all... I played PR in the evening and it was updating to that version, even though, earlier today it still was 1.0.36... Cake was not a lie in this case, after all.

RaptorDate: Sunday, 2014-01-05, 16:36 | Message # 55
Group: Commander
I got a few questions:
Are you playing PvP or against AI?
How does the medical system look like? Do injuries have any negative effect except loosing hitpoints/health?
How does respawning work? How fast do you respawn?

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LecterDate: Sunday, 2014-01-05, 17:08 | Message # 56
We were playing against AI in co-op servers. Medical system looks along lines like this: If you get shot, but not incapacitated, you are bleeding out slowly. All kits have field dressings, but they dont treat you completely, just decrease the level of bleeding out. You need to seek for a medic for full treatment. Medic has medical bag, which he holds in his hands to heal wounds of nearby soldiers. 
If you get shot and incapacitated (but still alive), you can be revived by a medic, who inject epinephrine syringe. You regain consciousness, but you still need further healing via medic bag.
When you are surpressed or injured, your vision is impacted in a negative way (blur). Your visibility decreases, thus impairing your aim accuracy. 
There are several kinds of respawnings. You can spawn on your squad leader, rally point (deployed by squad leader) or a friendly base/captured sector.

RaptorDate: Sunday, 2014-01-05, 17:16 | Message # 57
Group: Commander
Hmm, that sounds better than I actually thought. I'll think about buying the game (but hosting a server is a different issue). Does anyone have some nice YT vids by any chance?

"Teamwork is essential, it gives them someone else to shoot at."
Murphy's Laws of Combat #9

LecterDate: Sunday, 2014-01-05, 18:58 | Message # 58
Well... I dont think there are videos with current PR version (current is V 1.1.1.0), moreover ones which display features, but there are some videos showcasing mod generally.
Trailer for V1.0:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JxK7SQNWfM
Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu4OA7zOc8M
Coop v1.0 beta gameplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TUJfFB_bEc

Message edited by Aras - Sunday, 2014-01-05, 18:58

LecterDate: Monday, 2014-01-06, 11:34 | Message # 59
I have reached a new personal record of no-lifing, thanks to PR... I played in 31MEU server for about 4 hours (until about 7 a.m local time). It was awesome gameplay. Full of action, all players had tactical like-minded set. Teamwork was enforced by MEU members, who were also squad leaders in most cases. I also happen to join one of those. Gotta say, it felt like home. 31MEU uses real life tactics as best as possible, too. Formations, contact reporting, movements. Same as we do in arma.

BoooneDate: Monday, 2014-01-06, 12:02 | Message # 60
Group: Lieutenant
Do squads have a set size? How does that work with this class system, if everyone can pretty much pick what he wants to? And how exactly does communication work without being annoying as hell without something like ACRE?

Forums » Gaming » Other Games » Battlefield 2 v1.5
Search:

Communications